3. Crown Princess
The itinerary is great and one would think that it would be perfect. THINK AGAIN. First, this is the first time I have ever had my passport confiscated on arrival. I have cruised all over the world and this has never happened. IF this is necessary, tell people before they board the ship because when you get of the ship at a port WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO USE AS IDENTIFICATION???? Second: the food is poor. Simply put tasteless and odorless. It is a telling indication when the MAIN DINING room menu has "upgrades" on it. In other words, you want good food pay extra. We did have dinner in Sabatini's which was NOT bad, but not great either. Second; who is the captain of the ship?? GILLIGAN and the Skipper. We disembarked from two ports late allegedly for low tide issues. Last time I checked, Tide tables are well know to ships masters. Schedule accordingly. And of course getting to the Orkney Island on a Sunday when HALF OF THE ISLAND is closed must make a lot of sense to the Princess People. But the ultimate indignity was the last stop in LeHavre. We book a Normany tour four months ago with PRINCESS only to find out three days INTO THE CRUISE that they were cancelling it on us because we were disembarking in LeHavre. THEY DID NOT KNOW THIS before I boarded the ship???? [Purportedly the reason is that we could not get off the boat in time to make the tour, I guess making sure that we COULD would have been too tough????] It caused hotel/train expenses for us in the hundreds. But truthfully I was glad to get off of this boat. I have cruised Royal Carib, Norweigian, Carnival, and Holland, and WILL NEVER set foot on a princess boat again. In FAIRNESS: Cabin was clean and the staff in the dining room was nice . And on the ten days, three days on entertainment were professional. The rest of it was like a HS talent show.

Overpriced, disorganized and unhappy

Crown Princess Cruise Review by drkrantz

drkrantz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB b309
clean with a GREAT cabin steward
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins