3. American Song
I chose this cruise because it advertised as a NEW boat with a 900 sq ft. Grand Suite. I thought it would be a good way to see the Pacific North West. It assuredly does not meet "high end" expectations. The dingy suite was my biggest disappointment, and initially I thought I must be on the wrong ship. The food was very good. It was American cuisine, unpretentious, and better than most cruise lines. I think the food was their strongest selling point. We had a lecturer that spoke several times about the Lewis and Clark expedition, and he was quite good. They also had a guitarist-singer who portrayed a cowboy one night and a sailor another. He was also quite enjoyable. Aside from that entertainment was lacking. The lounges were nice and attractive. The personnel were all American and very nice. Unfortunately, they lacked training in the service industry. You may find yourself without the proper eating utensils, and the waiter will never notice, or forget to bring them. I was told that I could not have a certain flavor of ice cream for lunch because it was frozen solid. (?) The age of the passengers looked to be mostly over 70, and many had difficulty walking.

Disappointing Grand Suite

American Song Cruise Review by wazzit

wazzit’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Song price drops

The suite was poorly designed. The one small closet in the living room had no door nor curtain across it. Access to the small safe meant getting on your knees and twisting around a bed. The furnishings looked cheap and poorly selected. There were 2 nice TV's, but nothing to watch. They need a library of movies. I would think a "Grand Suite" would have 1 and 1/2 baths. This had only 1 small bathroom, and no tub. It already had a "tired" look, and initially I thought I must be on the wrong ship. I invited two other couples to join us on the cruise and they complained about how tiny their rooms were.