• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Vision of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
4 Awards

Cruise Virgin - Would I do it again?

Review for Vision of the Seas to the Western Mediterranean
Carmelbs
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Ocean View

Always having done beach 5/6 star holidays, my wife and decided on doing something different this, so we chose a cruise. Never done one before, didn’t know what to expect.

Royal Caribbean - Vision of the Seas - 12 night cruise of the Mediterranean. Full Board, which we found out is not the same as All Inclusive. We opted for all found, I.e include flights and another stay over in Barcelona at the end of the cruise.

Day 1 and we had to get to Barcelona from Scotland, however the flights were via Amsterdam. We

Ocean View

Cabin 6N

The room, in my opinion, was very small. The picture on the company website looked nothing like the reality.

I was unaware that there were different categories for the same type of room and perhaps this is where the issue is.

The room was approx 60cms wider then the bed, you couldn’t actually stand up by the side of the bed and had to crab walk.

A lack of electrical outlets made it difficult to utilise the dressing table for my wife with hairdryer and straighteners.

On arrival there was a card explaining how the mini bar was replenished and how much it cost to use. Problem was there was not a mini bar fitted, however we could ask for a bucket of ice!

There were no tea/coffee facilities available in the cabin either.

The bathroom was ridiculously small and I was unable to stand up in the shower and use it fully.

I would advise anyone to go to you tube and review the room.

The room attendance was excellent -Sarah was very good and looked after us

8 Helpful Votes