• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • News
  • Deals

S.S. Maria Theresa Review

Editor Rating

First time river cruiser.

Review for S.S. Maria Theresa to Europe River
kadanahy57
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin:

My husband and I chose this cruise because of the itinerary on the Danube from Budapest to Passau, Germany and we chose Uniworld on the advice of a few friends. We liked the idea of an all inclusive trip, we've been on a few ocean cruises where that was not the case.

We booked the Uniworld add-on of two nights in Budapest before embarking on our cruise. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with Budapest. Our tour guide/concierge Romulus was wonderful, helped us with restaurant reservations and guidance on where to visit, as well as leading our tours which were included with the add-on. There are a couple of optional tours which were an extra fee, we did book the trip to Sznentendre, which was a lovely little town, full of little stalls with locally made goods. We loved Budapest, the food was wonderful, locally produced wines were very good, the people were friendly, I highly recommend it.

Our embarkation onto the ship was extremely smooth. Our luggage went from hotel to ship with no problems. The check in procedure was simple and efficient. Debarkation was also smooth.

The rooms are very small, we were in a balcony stateroom on the 4th deck, the room is decorated in the same style as the rest of the ship, over the top opulent. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is very nice and large enough with plenty of storage.

11 Helpful Votes