3. Carnival Liberty
I was expecting a repeat of the last Carnival cruise we went on which was AHHHHHMAZING. We were a group of 17, 9 adults and 8 kids varying in age from 2-14. Our cabin was great with a friendly steward. First time in an aft room, will never make that mistake again. You feel everything. Embarking and disembarking were smooth. However, as we arrived on the ship we were ready to be in vacation mode and wanted to grab a drink. There were plenty of drinks being served as well as TOO much upselling being done with no real explanation. What cup can get what refill for what price, it was all just too confusing. I found this to happen throughout the trip. Make your drink a double for $3 more, but not if you have the drink package, buy a bucket of beers instead of 1 get a pitcher at the comedy club...too much upselling with too many rules. The night of the deck party the bars on the lido were closed. The whole drink/bar experience left a bit to be desired. Let's talk food. The breakfast buffet lines were way too long. So we ordered room service 2 days but it only arrived 1 day. As far as room service goes, I distinctly remember the last cruise having a menu with everything included. Now there's a pay side to the menu. The 24 hour pizza is tasty. But from midnight -2ish when people really need a bite after drinking and having fun the line is long. I believe part of the reason is because for $5 you can have pizza delivered to the room. They are so busy keeping up with the deliveries, they cant keep the line short for people to grab and go. Guys burgers are a must! Our dinners in the silver room were good, but not great. The wait staff was nice and friendly. I found it again annoying that they had food options for a $20 charge on the menu. A money grab that Carnival should be embarrassed about. The menu varied each night but it was nothing to write home about. My husband decided on fried chicken from the menu our last night that was dry. Entertainment gets a mixed review. NoNo, the cruise director is fantastic. It's like this job was made for her. The DJ and steel drums by the lido were great. The singers outside the casino also super, the Hasbro game show was super fun. Both comedians on board killed it, could not laugh more if I wanted to. The triva games in the flowers bar area were good too. The show Flick earned 5 minutes of my time. Lyrical dancing to decent songs gave it a big cheese factor so I ended up not going to the America show. The guy playing at the piano bar was not my cup of tea. The deck party was fun, the kids loved it. The hairy chest contest is always big fun. The dinner entertainment is the same they were doing 6 years ago. Guest relations told me since my 12 and 14 year old were already registered they could go to evening activities when they were ready. So I went to comedy show and when they showed up they were not allowed to participate bc they were told they needed to be signed in. In Nassau we just went to a public beach. For $20 we rented chairs that were set up. Nothing special, but a couple hours at the beach was fine then back to the ship. A HUGE disappointment was the Princess Cay, their private island. The beach was nice. The BBQ had overcooked burgers, blah jerk chicken and it was super smokey. It was $2.50 for a can of soda but $3.95 later in the day. I guess they needed to money however they could as the island emptied out. And on a 4 day cruise (or any amount of days for that matter) when you buy the drink package, it does NOT include drinks there which is ridiculous since it is their island. Staff was ok. I'd go with a 70/30 split on friendly and helpful to just there to do a job. The friendliness was not enough to impact cruisers to feel special. Biggest take aways...lots of lines and lots of upselling which felt like a money grab with overall underwhelming experience will definitely impact me to book a different cruise line before booking carnival again.

Carnival Liberty just so-so

famfunnj’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Liberty price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A
Clean, nice room. Friendly steward. Great views from balcony.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins