3. Carnival Spirit
Booked this cruise for a family of four (2 adults and 2 kids aged 12 & 14) to celebrate my 50th birthday. We’d never cruised before so we weren’t at all sure what to expect, but loved the idea of Island hopping whilst taking the hotel with you. The Spirit really is a unique experience. From the wild mix of decor to the excellent crew and entertainment, it really is a great and at times overwhelming experience. Thank god for Serenity and well-priced cocktails!!! Our cabin was a 4K obstructed view quad with tender/water shuttle partly obscuring our view - until we got to tender ports, where we had unobstructed views. This was particularly cool at Mystery Island. The cabin was roomier then we expected. The beds were ridiculously comfortable and the pillows are spectacular! I can see why so many people rave about them. Circle C kids club - our kids went there on the first night as a meet and greet and were very reluctant. Boy, were they in a for a surprise! They met so many kids there, they barely ended up in there at all, they were so busy being teenagers together all over the ship. They’re still friends with the kids they met, having regular post-cruise vide chats with kids from all over Australia (and we live in NZ). We barely saw them when we were on the ship. It gave us a chance to have a great holiday of our own (which, as anyone with kids will know, is not always easy on a family holiday). Drinks and food were great. Buffet lines could be long at times but there was always plenty of food and of course there was the restaurant to eat in if you didn’t feel like buffet food. Guys Burger Joint was a personal highlight. As was the BBQ that was running on the odd day (not every day). Personally I’ve become a cruise convert: I’m not sure I’d go straight back on the Spirit - I’ve been there and done that, time to check out another ship. Would I recommend the Carnival Spirit? Yes. Yes I would.

First cruise...won’t be the last

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by HandsomedanNZ

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Window (obstructed views)

Would I recommend the Carnival Spirit?

Yes. Yes I would.
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Interior with Window (obstructed views)
Cabin 4K 4127
Great cabin.
Roomy, comfortable and more than adequate for a family of four
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins