Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Moffat356

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony, sheltered

We were so excited to be going on the QM2! The ship itself was magnificent. Our cabin was also very nice and we had a balcony.

But what a waste of money the top drinks package was! It was almost impossible to get anyone to get you a drink in a lot of the bars! At lunchtime I was lucky if I managed to get one glass of wine from a barman!

I also had to spend 2 days in our cabin as I picked up a bug on day 5 of our cruise. From the food, drink? Who knows but it ruined my cruise! My husband witnessed one maintenance worker who used the WC in the indoor pool area and walked out without washing his hands!! Really!! In this day and age!!

Entertainment on board was okay, but the planetarium gave me a sore head. Best entertainment was the irish comedian Roy Walker.

We were given the dining time of 8.30 p.m. and were unable to change it. So this was far too late for us and we had to dine in the buffet every evening. The person allocated to give you hand sanitiser when entering the buffet made no effort, unless you went straight up to them. This should be addressed as clean hands are essential for hygiene reasons.

Also, very few staff made you feel really valued/ welcome!

Best part of the cruise was sailing into New York!

Moffat356's Full Rating Summary

Balcony, sheltered

Cabin was lovely and comfortable.

Moffat356