3. Norwegian Epic
I sailed on three NCL ships including this one with family. The last time I went was about 4 years ago and my experience was amazing. The food was amazing, the entertainment was fun. It was just a great time. and I emphasize again how amazing the food was. This time I felt like, to get anything of reasonable quality, I had to empty my pockets. I will take you through my journey. Lets start with the good: Crew is very nice, and the service is excellent. The ship is huge and doesn't feel too overcrowded. Cabin was comfortable and well taken care of. Good bed, nice shower/bathroom set up. Now the bad: I tried every free restaurant and the buffet. The only good one was O'Sheehans. Everything else was completely sub par. As the days progressed I felt hunger leaving my body as I walked through the buffet. I decided to try 'Manhattan' diner. My steak was cooked as I requested - medium. yet I felt I was chewing on beef jerky. My girlfriend ordered chicken. It tasted like water. The next day we tried 'Taste' diner. Guess what.... Taste diner has the same exact menu as Manhattan diner. I asked whats the difference, they said "In manhattan diner you have to wear long pants, here you can wear shorts." On the last day I saw where my scrambled eggs were coming from. Those were the only edible things and it was coming from a frozen milk carton. I gagged and lost my appetite - Fresh fruit it is! I was not going to spend $39 at their 'premium' restaurants. They lost my trust. Internet costs $1 per minute if you don't get a deal, and about $3 to activate... its' download speed is about 1mb. Saw a guy tearing his hair out because he just couldn't do what he needed but the money was being sucked from his account. So you pay $800 to go on a cruise. You pay $240 extra for service. You pay $5 - 15 for the bus to take you from the ship to another transportation system. And you still can't get decent food. When they say 'chocolate mousse" or 'strawberry mousse', they don't really know what mousse means. They are jello cakes. pizza - tasteless burgers - burned meat patties water - fresh from the toilet The pools are TINY. about the size of your small cabin. The "Washy washy happy happy" Got old FAST. I felt like I had to cough up cash to have a good sneeze. Soon they will charge premium for breathable air. Shanghai noodle bar - overcooked chicken (as usual on this ship). Ordered noodles with chicken and shrimp. I received exactly two tiny shrimps and exactly 2 tiny pieces of chicken - tasted good though. and the 5 spice chocolate cake is decent. $4 for bottled water - lol. Entertainment - comedian was alright. Deal or no deal was fun to watch. But of course you have to pay to even have a slim chance to participate. Enrichment activities... where? Soccer tournament - got to play for 8 minutes. k. Shore excursions... lol $300 per person. The locals were nicer to us about excursions than the cruiseline. They wanted $60 per person to drive us to the airport. Locals did it for $20. Spent a total of $1850 to eat eggs out of a milk carton for 7 days. You really lost your touch, NCL. 3rd trip, and you've now lost me and my family forever. Wish I could get my money and time back. PS: I should have taken the photo of the boxed eggs but I was too nauseated.

Frozen scrambled eggs in milk cartons

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by misterbg3

Now the bad:

pizza - tasteless

burgers - burned meat patties

water - fresh from the toilet

The pools are TINY. about the size of your small cabin.

The "Washy washy happy happy" Got old FAST.

$4 for bottled water - lol.

Entertainment - comedian was alright.

Enrichment activities... where?

Soccer tournament - got to play for 8 minutes. k.

than the cruiseline.

They wanted $60 per person to drive us to the airport. Locals did it for $20.

Spent a total of $1850 to eat eggs out of a milk carton for 7 days.

PS: I should have taken the photo of the boxed eggs but I was too nauseated.
misterbg3’s Full Rating Summary