3. MSC Armonia
We choose this line and ship for Cuba and overnight stay. We were obviously disappointed but made the best of it. Embarkation was a breeze. Muster drill is a horror though. MSC needs to figure this out. I Did mention in my end of cruise survey. It's outside in the heat, crammed with people and you have to have life jackets.... The ship is older but still nice. Elevator buttons need replacing and it's been stretched so sometimes you find a dead end or elevator that only goes up so high. I got lost a bit at first, would be nice if MSC would follow other lines and do a tour of ship to help ppl out ans lesrn their way around on embark day. Food- I've seen several bad reviews. I don't know where these ppl ate. We had anytime with our suite so ate in La Pergolia. All food was well presented and tasty. Mom's a veggie and still had food. She only said buffet needed more cooked veggie choices. Sometimes it did take longer but anyone whose been to Europe knows the dinning style is more relaxed than America. It's about the experience not rushing. I didn't like their eggs, tired twice and gave up but that's me. Pizza was good. I've been to Naples, Italy and has the real stuff so can say it was good. I had nearly everyday for snack or lunch. Gelato was good as well. Surf and Turf- we did 3rd night. Crab cake was to die for, 2 small lobster tails and steak... Very good and get the cheesecake with rum sauce... not to miss!! Caution... no tap water so you get charged for a bottle... also they do 15 percent discount on certain nights... The crew doesn't always understand English so if you need an answer or help, ask for someone who does... that's the only minor issue we ran into. Cruise Critic party was first rate (been to plenty of my 20 plus cruises on other lines) snacks, chocolate covered strawberries, drinks and cake. Just a note, the picture was not delivered to our cabin, I had to go to photo gallery and ask for it but got it without any problems and it's free. Spa, was great. I precooked a 30 min Bali message, 30 min facial and thermal suite day pass package. The girl did a wonderful job, asked if wanted harder or softer and was mostly silent. I knew they didn't have a place on receipt to add tips so took extra cash to give her. She deserved it. Eric, the cruise director was energetic and fun. Everyone we meet at party or when we did the pic with Captain always spoke to us afterwards when seeing us and was very friendly, including the captain. We ran into Benjamin, the international host, in Key West when coming back to ship and even though he was off duty, he still stopped to talk to us and another family. Ports- Roatan- I did the glass bottom boat and West end village excursion. The boat actually has a bottom piece that's under water level and Windows on both sides toy go down into, so kinda misleading but was better in my opinion. I got rum when shopping in village for 10 bucks a bottle. They didn't take it or saying anything so up to cabin with me it went. Costa Maya- We bought port pass. It gives entrance to bird aviary (with suspension bridges and you get a cup of seeds to feed various birds), chocolate factory/tour and tequila factor/tour plus use of pool without buying drink or food. Not in description is the 3 drinks you get as well at this one bar. Water, soda, virgin drinks or cocktails. Your choice. For 39 bucks it was well worth the price. Cozumel- I did the Jose Curveo tequila tasting and tour at Discover Mexico excursion. Very interesting and all. You taste 3 tequila with how to properly do it... then you get a full sized passion fruit margarita with pepper rim. Art museum and full taco bar (not in description again but a welcome find after all that booze) I recommend it. It was worth it, I just think MSC should work better to make sure they include everything in excursion descriptions. There was only 4 of us and I think more would have done it... Key West- you go through us customs.... quick look at passport and that's it. No questions about liquor or anything... I shopped here and then later went back out with dad to Kermit's for Key Lime pie. There's s Hemmingway rum distillery close to it if you want to do a tasting... It was free... Also, several cool shops in big building that include s buttery one and a cat/dog one if you are like me and need to bring a peace offering back for your fur baby. All in all, a good cruise with some minor issues. I would sail MSC again if we find a good price. I like traveling and Europe so had no problem with Mediterranean flair of MSC and honestly... if you go on a cruise and don't have a good time, that's on you. I've had issues and things I didn't like on all lines, but really it's a cruise. I've always enjoyed myself, regardless. Shows- we went first night, French Follies, 2nd night, Beatles tribute night (awesome but the guys were only on for 2 weeks) and The Greatest... Broadway hits... we skipped Adams Family (not interested) , Italian touch (too tired) and last night Abyss... so can't comment on those. I do have a review on MSC board under Armonia July 1st to 8th review if you want more detail of day to day or have questions.

Good cruise, liked MSC

AerynSun_JohnCrighton’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Suite – Fantastica
Cabin S2 1108
Cabin was nice size with nice balcony. We had a tub and walk in closet. Lots of storage. You are below lido deck so kids running during day can be heard if you are in cabin and in morning they move table and chairs upstairs. We are early morning people so didn't bother us.
Tormalina Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins