Easily the worst cruise company there is on a dated ship with untrained staff who don’t actually understand English but do “speak it.” Spent over $70k and food was meh, service was bad and no one seemed to care. Try Seaborne if you can afford or Windstar before ever considering this line or this ship. We have cruised for years and this was the largest and most messed up ship ever and it is relatively small at 1200 passengers. Sad. Utter disappointment. Canyon Ranch Spa is NOT. Just branding. 5 restaurants. Not really. Just a mix of the same poor ingredients prepared differently. Staff dedicated — yes but constant language barrier makes any requests impossible. I don’t need to work to help paid staff on a cruise I am paying to enjoy. I was speechless to recognize that senior staff and management honestly don’t care. In fact one manager said they could not address the problem because they were in the middle of their own personal spa appointment in the middle of the work day. That’s choice!

Don’t Be a Victim

Riviera Cruise Review by Jakeforschools

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse Suite

Sad. Utter disappointment.

Canyon Ranch Spa is NOT. Just branding.

Jakeforschools’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Oceania Riviera price drops

Penthouse Suite
Cabin PH1
Dated. Worn. Small for price. It was like something out of the 1970s. I understand it will be updated right after our cruise. Noise from pool deck above every morning was bad as chairs were unstacked. We also had a sink pipe come loose and water went everywhere. Color scheme is dated. Only positive thing I can say is the bath was nice and the carpet seemed well kept.
Deck 11 Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins