Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review

Awesome experience!

Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review by choiceismine

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean

My husband and I went on this cruise to celebrate our 25th anniversary and we brought our kids ages 23,21,and 15. We have been on a Carnival Cruise and one other Celebrity Cruise and we knew we loved Celebrity - it did not disappoint!

Embarkation was so very easy with no long lines and a lovely glass of champagne upon entering the ship.

We loved our cabins and our statesman Jeremiah was wonderful!

Food was wonderful in both the buffet and the main restaurant. We tried the Sushi restaurant too and it was very good. Did the Select Dining and made the reservations a couple weeks in advance based on what we were doing that day in the port. (Did canoe trip, knew we needed a nap, dined later that night) I would strongly suggest doing this so you get a table. We were actually able to sit in the same spot with the same fabulous waiters (Frances and Paola) every night!

We upgraded to premium drink packages and were never disappointed with drinks. Service at every bar - also excellent!

Shows, bands, all entertainment, dancing, trivia - all fun and never overcrowded. I do not know how they do it but the ship NEVER feels crowded! The pools even do not get super crowded. But 2 times we did have to circle around a bit to find lounge chairs - no big deal to us.

The gym was fantastic with lots of machines and ellipticals and freeweights and a yoga/stretching area. Again, never felt crowded.

Did not use spa because we felt it was pretty expensive.

Shops onboard were great and I got great service and no pressure when I shopped.

Ports were wonderful and we did 3 excursions at 3 ports and all of them were very good and very organized. Again, Celebrity just does this RIGHT! And coming back to the ship and getting a cold drink and cold towel after a hot day feels heavenly!

Disembarkation was easy and organized. We took a bus (arranged by Celebrity) to airport and, although we had to wait a few minutes and there seemed to be a little confusion about which line we should be in, we got on and got to the airport in time.

Overall, I would recommend Celebrity Infinity to anyone who is not expecting slides and waterplay for kids, skydiving areas or ziplines...all those extra things that some cruiselines are adding that we have no interest in at all. Infinity itself is due for a refurbishment and, while it was clean, there are some areas like cushions and carpet which could use an update.

choiceismine's Full Rating Summary

Rome (Civitavecchia)

We stayed in Rome for 3 days before getting on ship and it was FANTASTIC!!

Wonderful day with lovely drive up steep mountainside - great views! Loved the walks around the villages where The Godfather movies were filmed. Informative and my boys loved it!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Malta (Valletta)

Just got off boat and went up elevator into walled city. Walked around and shopped a bit and went into a gorgeous church. Heard some children sing and enjoyed some ice cream and sat in the shade to just breathe it in.

Argostoli (Kefalonia)

We went to Costa Costa Beach in taxis (needed 2) and it was a great experience! Lounge chairs 2 for 12 euro included umbrella and waiters come by and bring drinks and food (good prices on these)

Walking the Walls

It was very hot but our tour guide stopped in shady areas and near cold water/cafes when he could. He was so knowledgeable about the history of the area and he did not just focus on Game of Thrones (but he did point out several spots for fans)

View All 58 Walking the Walls Reviews

My husband and my boys did this tour and they absolutely LOVED it! Favorite tour I think!

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Venice

Celebrity arranged a bus to take people to the airport and the transport was easy and we got there in plenty of time

choiceismine