3. Celebrity Summit
After being away from Celebrity for 9 years, gave it another try. Have been going mostly with Holland America and Crystal. Though I enjoyed many aspects of this cruise, there wasn't a wow factor that would tear me away from my loyalty to HAL and Crystal. The ship dry-dock earlier in the year was well done for the most part. However, it was quite surprising that they didn't refurbish the Revelations Lounge on deck 11. The upholstery was tattered and worn. To have spent so much money on the refurb, and to forget about an important venue much in need of refurbishment is somewhat of a mystery. The food in the Main Dining Room was quite good with great variety. However, I strongly recommend against their 'open dining' option. It is very disorganized, and the lines going into the dining room and the waits were very long, even though we had reserved times for each evening, and were Concierge Class. After 3 nights of this fiasco, we asked to be moved upstairs to the 8:15 set sitting, and that worked out quite well. The Ocean View Cafe and Grill (the buffet on deck 11) also had good food. The bakery station had excellent baked breads and pastries. Also enjoyed the carving station. At breakfast, the ham at the carving station went quite well with scrambled eggs. Though they had some good shows with the entertainers they brought in from on shore, the ships singers and dancers troupe was very mediocre at best. There wasn't a lot of variety either. Also, for such a big entertainment venue, the sound system in the Celebrity Theater was very poor. In talking with someone on the staff about that, they admitted it was a problem that they were working on. Concierge class is not worth the extra money. The only real advantage is the expedited embarkation and welcome aboard luncheon in the main dining room. The afternoon canopies were normally brought in around 2 to 2:30, too soon after lunch, and too long before dinner. 4:00 to 5:00 would have been more appropriate. Also, my room did not have the binoculars that were supposed to be there. Even though I asked about them, they were never delivered. When I spoke with the Concierge, he pretty much blew me off and was not very helpful or apologetic. The service was overall very good. Though we never tried any of the specialty dining venues, we were given high pressure pitches by a staff member from one of these venues to come and try them. Specialty dining was overpriced. The specialty coffee bar was very overpriced. After I ordered a double espresso, and was charged $5 for it, I never came back for the rest of the cruise. On HAL, I am a daily customer at their specialty coffee bar because their coffee drinks are reasonably priced and quite tasty. Found it truly outrageous that their all you can fit in a laundry bag special was $49.95, compared to $20 on HAL. By the end of the cruise you start to feel like you are more of a revenue center than a passenger. Though we enjoyed the cruise, and loved Bermuda, there wasn't a wow factor with the Summit, and several things they need to do better.

Good but not great

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by blumr

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Class 1

The service was overall very good.

blumr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Concierge Class 1
Cabin C1 6136
Cabin was completely refurbished in March 2019 drydock. Everything was new and in top condition. Though tastefully furnished, it seems less than plush.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins