• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Crystal Symphony Review

Editor Rating
50 Awards

Most Amazing Ship I've Ever Been On - By Far!

Review for Crystal Symphony to Alaska
Canejean
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window

I am a Diamond member of RCCL, have recently tried a few newer Carnival ships, have sailed on one Silver Sea, have tried a few NCL and Costa, and have been on a small line whose name I don't even remember...and by far, this was the most amazing cruise I have ever experienced! The ship is beautiful! The service is beyond compare! The food was delicious! Most importantly, the people were incredibly friendly. This last one surprised me a bit, and I can't say for sure if it was specifically this sailing or typical for Crystal...but I do get the impression it is the latter (and I plan to find out for sure by sailing Crystal more often and as soon as possible!).

Some of the things that impressed me the most (in no particular order):

• No Smoking! Absolutely no smoking on board (with the exception of a contained cigar room and one small obscure area outside).

Deluxe Stateroom with Large Picture Window

Cabin C1

We had a room on Deck 7, Promenade, with a picture window, and were a bit concerned about passers-by, as the promenade is the deck that goes all the way around the ship outside, where everyone walks right by our window (albeit about a foot lower). First, I went outside to be sure it was reflective glass...and assured myself no one could see in (at least during the day). But as time went by, I really learned to love this deck! We were only a few doors away from the door to the outside, and it was so nice and easy to bop outside anytime we wanted to...to check the weather, or for a great view of whales or a glacier! It felt like we were on a private yacht! I don't think I would ever want to stay on another deck!

Find a Crystal Symphony Cruise from $1,999