3. Grand Celebration
Me and my roommate chose this cruise as a quick getaway due to our demanding work schedules. We booked a "Limited-Time Offer" where you bought two tickets, and got two more for free. We paid right at $990 for 4 tickets and 2 cabins (one interior, one ocean-view) on the Grand Celebration. Overall I was satisfied with my experience, but I also went in with low expectations. This was my 4th cruise, I've been on two Carnival cruises to the Bahamas, and a Royal Caribbean Cruise to Bermuda. Pros: Very inexpensive Ended up getting 2 ocean-view rooms (by luck), and the cabins were quite spacious for a cruise ship Plenty of activities on board for two nights Although the boat was old and small for a cruise liner, it was very clean and tastefully remodeled. The staff was very friendly and did an excellence job of accommodating guests The casino, although small, was very entertaining Off-boarding and On-boarding at Freeport was a breeze The formal dining staff provided excellent service Cons: Alcohol was very expensive (more-so than other cruise lines). Virgin Pina Coladas were $11, and mixed drinks were $12-$19 each. Beer was not too awful, priced at $6.25 each for domestic. The "alcohol pass" was about $90, and only got you 10 coupons to use toward drinks. If all you drink is beer (like me), it's actually more expensive than just buying them individually. Casual food options were very limited, with only 2-3 options of places to eat. The taste was not bad, but definitely nothing worth going back for seconds for. I was very underwhelmed with the taste of the formal dining food. Very bland and not worth it. If I were to ever do this cruise line again, I will be purchasing the specialty dining option beforehand. The off-boarding process at the end of the cruise was an ABSOLUTE disaster, it took well over 2 hours of standing in line just to get through customs. Not what you want to do on your way back home after the cruise is over. They need to find ways to expedite the process. I really wish this cruise had went to Nassau or somewhere else besides Freeport. I have been to Freeport before so I knew what to expect, but the island is very underwhelming, run-down, and not very clean. I purchased all four of us day-passes to the Grand Lucayan Resort in advance ($27 each on shoreexcursioneer.com), and I'm very glad I did. The resort was very clean, with tons of amenities such as free lounge chairs (by the pool and ocean), free umbrellas, a huge infinity pool, a hot tub, corn-hole, an outdoor ping-pong table, bars for food and drinks, and more. Renting towels for the day cost about $4 each. Spending the day at the resort, followed by hitting the Lucaya Marketplace on the way out, was in my opinion the best way to spend a day on the island. In conclusion, I would recommend this cruise to someone like myself, who has a very demanding career that doesn't allow ample amounts of time off, or to someone who has never cruised before. They wouldn't have high expectations, and it's a great way to just try it out to see if cruising is for you.

Good Value for the Money

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by JRivers1996

• Sail Date: July 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas

Pros:

Very inexpensive

Plenty of activities on board for two nights

The staff was very friendly and did an excellence job of accommodating guests

The casino, although small, was very entertaining

Off-boarding and On-boarding at Freeport was a breeze

The formal dining staff provided excellent service

Cons:

BPSocialTeam, Social Media Team @Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line has responded
First and foremost we would like to thank you for the praising review you shared following your recent cruise on our ship and are delighted to read that we were able to match your expectations. Although we may have fallen short in some areas, as mentioned, please rest assured that we have taken good note of your comments as they will help us to improve our services. Thank you once again for making us your choice Cruise Line and we certainly look forward to serving you again.
JRivers1996’s Full Rating Summary