3. Oasis of the Seas
We decided to do a month long European vacation which included a 7 day Mediterranean cruise. My wife and I and our 2 children aged 7 and 9 stayed in a grand suite with 2 bedrooms and my mother and partner in an owners suite. Having travelled on RCI and other cruise lines many times before, I was excited as this time I was taking my kids with me. Embarkation was fine although they couldn’t find my mothers partners luggage. We had to make a fuss to find it and the staff were extremely unhelpful in this regard. The ship was about to go for a refurb so I wasn’t surprised that the rooms were quite shabby and although clean, didn’t feel it. The good was that the kids had a blast however that is not unexpected on a ship of this size as the entertainment was excellent. The service from the crew was also very good. For the ports, they should drop Marseilles as it’s really a terrible port and city. The main issue with the ports was that probably due to the size of the ship or more likely trying to make more money, you are docked miles away from everything and RCI charges exorbitant amounts for transport. As an example in Marseilles they offer transport for $20 per person but they make no mention and actually go out of their way NOT to tell you that their is a free shuttle service. Yes it’s a 20 minute walk to get it but that’s just because you are docked so far away although other ships of a similar size are docked much closer. This really ruins most ports. The bad was that RCI has become a real rip off where they are charging less for cabins but almost everything is extra and at exorbitant prices. Drinks and food are ridiculous. Averaging $3-4 for a coke and over $10 for a single shot of alcohol. It seems that RCI thinks people are to be extorted. A refreshment package was $30 per day per person for coke, sprite etc all from a soda fountain. And this was waters down. The alcohol package was an astonishing $90 per day per person. Doesn’t seem much but that’s based on their exorbitant pricing. In the real world it’s criminal and a complete rip off. Excursions are the biggest joke. $500 on average for 4 adults and 2 kids under 10 for a simple bus ride, boat ride and train ride and then back on a bus. We priced the same excursion elsewhere and it was 80% less for exactly what you got. An 8 hour excursion of which you spent 4 hours traveling and 1 hour total with a guide. They were even to cheap to cut an hour off the trip by just staying on the train so we could enjoy more time on the boat. Another crime was the food. Absolutely shocking and we had access to the suite restaurants. In the windjammer food was stale, bad cuts of meat, over cooked pasta and felt like being pushed through the worst buffet known to man. The dining hall was not better. Same food just presented better. Every time food was cold and uninspired. Tiny portions made to look like it was special but wasn’t. Same in the coastal kitchen. Also our billing was incorrect and we spent ages having bills corrected as they overcharged. I would never recommend RCI to anyone and will never travel on the oasis as it’s designed to rip off the customer and take advantage of people by offering what they call “ value “ until you get onboard and you discover you could have gone on a better class of ship and probably paid less or even the same for twice the value. Celebrity, Seabourn and even carnival were far better. Check before you go as this is a joke

Never again - a complete rip off

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Jumpin4004

Celebrity, Seabourn and even carnival were far better.

Check before you go as this is a joke
Jumpin4004’s Full Rating Summary