• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

AsianBohemian
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2019
Cabin: Interior

It was a new liner. I was just curious to see how an American liner design a cruise ship just for the China market. I was also looking forward to the Chinese food at the Windjammer or Two70.

Most cruise ships would serve black tea or flavoured teas or green tea at the buffet area.I wish they had included Chinese tea for a change.

My opinion of the food is similar to other reviewers who were also onboard the Spectrum in May. But the crew who served us food at the dining rooms were fabulous.Many thanks for being attentive to my folks.

Interior

Cabin 2V

At 166sq ft, it's spacious.With room for two individual cabinets.At some point,I had to use a wheelchair.Except for the bathroom and main corridor, I was able to move the wheelchair up and down the room.The ship boasts a digital key which enables us to enter the cabin without using the access card.This digital key is part of the app which could be used with the ship's wifi.However a word of caution.Instead of placing the access card near the door sensor for detection, we have to place the cell phone near the sensor...sometimes it doesn't work smoothly.I was clumsy with it.Secondly,there is a more serious glitch.I was in a rush one afternoon and I had accidentally unlocked and entered the wrong cabin with my cell phone.I tried to enter my own cabin but I got locked out.So, keep your access card with you,always.I rushed to the info counter to reset my digital key.

I liked the bathroom.Instead of a shower curtain, there is a proper door to keep the water out during a shower. There is also an additional floor trap outside the shower area.That is very thoughtful.Many Chinese/Southeast and South Asian households have 'wet' bathrooms.

Find a Spectrum of the Seas Cruise from $402