3. Spectrum of the Seas
It was a new liner. I was just curious to see how an American liner design a cruise ship just for the China market. I was also looking forward to the Chinese food at the Windjammer or Two70. Most cruise ships would serve black tea or flavoured teas or green tea at the buffet area.I wish they had included Chinese tea for a change. My opinion of the food is similar to other reviewers who were also onboard the Spectrum in May. But the crew who served us food at the dining rooms were fabulous.Many thanks for being attentive to my folks. Individual travellers might feel left out.The afternoon quizzes at the bar were boring with no prizes. There were no super enthusiastic inhouse photographers to take our photos.I appreciate that but that puts the photo viewing gallery the most underutilised place. There were lots of indoor spaces like tiny family sitting rooms with litter of couches spread all over the public area. The Singaporeans demonstrated that they are for afternoon naps and indoor picnic, I am not so sure about how the Chinese would utilise those spaces. What are forgone on the Spectrum are big open spaces in the swimming pools, big outdoor cinema screenings, wide outdoor decks in public area balcony. There are more indoor activities such as fencing lessons, bumper car rides, karaoke lounge which appeal to Chinese of all ages and who are also less keen on sun-tanning. My cabin attendants were from Indonesia.I was thankful.Besides Bahasa, they spoke English well. I had the 'luck' of ending up in the ship's clinic.I don't think anyone speaks Mandarin in there. Fingers crossed, i hope they are bored to tears in their entire stay in China. The seasoned cruise tourists will appreciate the fuss free muster drill that took place without the need to pull out our safety vests, line up in rows and put on our vests.But for many Asians onboard, it is their maiden cruise. This is my umpteenth cruise and I had experienced a real situation which required reporting to the muster station. I much prefer the hassle and inconvenience.

Playground in the Sea

AsianBohemian’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Spectrum of the Seas price drops

Interior
Cabin 2V 12603
At 166sq ft, it's spacious.With room for two individual cabinets.At some point,I had to use a wheelchair.Except for the bathroom and main corridor, I was able to move the wheelchair up and down the room.The ship boasts a digital key which enables us to enter the cabin without using the access card.This digital key is part of the app which could be used with the ship's wifi.However a word of caution.Instead of placing the access card near the door sensor for detection, we have to place the cell phone near the sensor...sometimes it doesn't work smoothly.I was clumsy with it.Secondly,there is a more serious glitch.I was in a rush one afternoon and I had accidentally unlocked and entered the wrong cabin with my cell phone.I tried to enter my own cabin but I got locked out.So, keep your access card with you,always.I rushed to the info counter to reset my digital key.
I liked the bathroom.Instead of a shower curtain, there is a proper door to keep the water out during a shower. There is also an additional floor trap outside the shower area.That is very thoughtful.Many Chinese/Southeast and South Asian households have 'wet' bathrooms.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins