MSC Musica Cruise Review

MSC Musica Cruise Review by JulieM123

• Sail Date: Jul 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

We choose this cruise due to destinations it sailed to. After reading so many negative reviews I was a little bit worried about going with MSC. But let me be honest.

EMBARKING

After reading about chaos at embarking, this chaos comes due to witnessing the most impatient people I've ever seen trying to get on ship first. People that don't think they should queue. Your given a number and when it's called you go to security. If you can be patient everything is fine, if being impatient bothers you, you'll ruin your own holiday yourself. Watching people having a paddy cause they want to board on number 5 instead of 6 was actually hilarious.

CABINS

OK so when we got to enter the cabin it nice, not the best cleaning Ive seen ( a few smudges on a mirror) but at end of day it wasn't going to ruin my holiday and make me complain.

The cleaner did nice touches and even left us cakes one night, I acknowledged this with a thank you note back.

RESTAURANT

we had 2 amazing waiters Michael from South Africa and Juni from Indonesia. We had a laugh with them every night, nothing to much trouble. If I didn't like any starters I had 2 mains instead. If you don't ask you don't get, but the problem seems to be witnessing the manner in which people ask. Talk to them in a rude manner you'll get one back, be polite and they will go above and beyond for you.

Portions are small but I never went hungry.

MSC are not your royal carribean or princess standard, but we didn't pay those prices to start with so don't compare the two otherwise pay more for your holiday.

OVERALL

We couldn't really find any faults with the ship at all. After reading so many bad reviews I soon came to realise that some people expect to much. The ships very clean, the staff work extremely hard and have been on the ship many months without a break, they may be at your disposal but treat them like humans and with respect to get the same back.

Don't be put off by the hard hotdog cob review (we never found that).

Also didn't get my food luke warm, weather that's because we was on first sitting. Our food always came out at a good temperature.

Beware of the passengers who act like animals at feeding time in a zoo, racing up and down acting like its all going to go in a flash, this isn't Msc fault, it's your fellow passangers behaving like that, way to avoid is to go at quiter times I.E just before all trips come back to ship.

JulieM123's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B1 10193

You get what you pay for

Mykonos

Beautiful but expensive, take beach stuff and have a swim in sea

JulieM123