3. Celebrity Constellation
This is my first time with Celebrity and I was most impressed with the excellent service from housekeepers to crew to waiters. Everyone was very friendly and helpful throughout the whole cruise. Also they always pass out a paper for next port so you can read through the FAQ for each port. ROOM: We stayed in an oceanview room second deck. Our restroom definitely needs some maintenance work cuz the handles on the sink cabinet came off the first day, then the hook on door came off the second day, then the entire shower head holder came off the last day almost hitting my head while I was showering. DINING: There are only 3 specialty dining (Qsine, Tuscan Grill, and Sushi on 5) on this ship but I was mislead by one of the sales while booking that this ship also has another fancy restaurant called Le Petit Chef Qsine Experience. So I end up purchasing 1 extra specialty dining night package. Qsine is a fusion restaurant. Every dish has fancy presentation but everything tastes disappointing. It's only worth going if you enjoy take food photos. Sushi on 5 is decent but my husband said the sashimi is not fresh enough. I only eat cooked food so the sushi tastes fine to me. The best food here turns out to be the appetizer Kobe beef sliders. It melts in your mouth. Tuscan Grill is the only one that's worth going back. Amazing appetizer Berkshire porkbelly with sweet cider glaze & crab cake. For entree we ordered Roasted beef ribeye and it was cooked to perfection so my husband end up finishing the entire 16oz steak by himself. Grilled Branzino taste good too. We went back again the next day. As for the 2 other complimentary dining, the Oceanview cafe is buffet style and overall food quality tastes lower than expected. Food was lukewarm and dessert was way too sweet. For breakfast I wish they had waffle machine so I can make fresh ones for myself. For dinner I end up going to the fresh stir fry station every night so I can get real hot food. San Marco Restaurant is the other complimentary dining more semi formal if you want to dress up. Food tastes better the the cafe but it takes a while to get your food. We end up only going there twice cuz we are always starving after our daily 9 hour excursion. Some nights I end up eating my instant noodles. Excursion: I booked 7 excursions with Celebrity. Overall tour quality was good but pricy. If I go again I might try to book local tours. I had a hard time understanding the first tour guide in France maybe due to her accent. I gave up listening to her after the first hour. All the tour guides were fine and I can understand them perfectly. Keep in mind these tours are always rushing you especially when you go to Florence and Rome. There's no time to take good photos and pay attention to listen to the tour guide at the same time. We almost always end up giving up on listening and focusing on taking good photos. I was most disappointed with the meals that's included in the these tours. The lunch included tours is at least $70 to $100 more per person but they only serve you lasagna. It feels like I am paying $100 more for a bite of salad, a thin slice of prosciutto, a piece of lasagna and tiramisu and sparkling water. This is for sure not worth your money. You should save it and just grab lunch on your own. Sea Day: Plan your day earlier. Avoid lunch and dinner time cuz there's no place to sit in the buffet area. Same for pools. There's a lot of activities that day and you can plan accordingly. WIFI: Very very slow speed at sea and we paid for unlimited plan for one device. Not sure what other options are out there. APP: I tried using the app but it wasn't really helpful for me. I booked excursions several months ahead and I completely forgot about the details of each excursions. I couldn't find this kind of information on the app. FEEDBACK: They will send you a survey at the end of your cruise but that survey has no blank area for me to write detail reviews like this. The only note area has limited character count that I couldn't even finish write 1 sentence. Not sure if they really want to improve and read our reviews. I might go back again with lower expectation on food quality. Overall their customer service is outstanding and this is why I might consider going back again.

9 Night French Riviera & Dalmatian Coast

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by pink piggy

pink piggy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

• Barcelona
    This is a beautiful city with amazing Gaudi architecture but we got robbed on an early morning while using google map on our phone. The teenagers just grabbed the phone off my husband's hand and ran away. Be careful with your backpacks and phones.
    View All 2,230 Barcelona Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Barcelona Cruise Port Review
  • Montenegro Highlights
    Booked with cruise line. Called Kotor, Montenegro. This one good too worth going.
    View All 82 Montenegro Highlights Reviews
  • La Spezia (Cinque Terre)
    We booked with cruise line. The Tour name is called Florence and Pisa. We love the content of this tour except for the included lunch. They only serve you lasagne but charge your $70~$100 more per person. Choose a tour without lunch would save you some money. Food was very disappointing with the price they charge you.
    View All 293 La Spezia (Cinque Terre) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's La Spezia (Cinque Terre) Cruise Port Review
  • Pompeii Walking Tour
    Booked with cruise line. Tour name is called Capri, Sorrento, & Pompeii, Overall a very good tour.
    View All 455 Pompeii Walking Tour Reviews
  • Colosseum
    Booked with cruise line. Tour name is called Imperial Rome and Colosseum. Same problem as previous tour. The tour content is amazing but they charge $319 per person only to feed you lasagna. This is a 11 hour tour. You get visit all highlights of Rome but very tiring.
    View All 176 Colosseum Reviews
  • Trogir Walking Tour
    Booked with Cruise line. Tour name called Split, Croatia.This one is not worth going with tour. It's a small town you can explore on your own. This tour again wastes time by taking us 1 hour ride to a small winery to eat poor quality lunch. Not worth the money.
    View All 26 Trogir Walking Tour Reviews
  • Toulon
    We took tour with Celebrity called Discover the Best of Provences. The tour itself is good with all the sightseeing locations. The tour guide though is not good enough that's why 3 star. She didn't inform anything about paying to use toilet. Her accent was strong so we couldn't understand her.
    View All 299 Toulon Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Toulon Cruise Port Review
  • Burano Island
    We booked 3 island hopping tour Murano, Burano and Torcello. You can go on your own by taking public water bus instead of this tour. Burano is worth going. It has lots of colorful houses. A very photographic island. There's no need to Toceloo if you are short on time. Murano is optional too with glass factory.
    View All 35 Burano Island Reviews
  • Doge's Palace
    Our tour guide is very knowledgable and passionate and she talks a lot about the history of this palace. Very informative. This is a must see if it's your first time to Venice.
    View All 40 Doge's Palace Reviews
  • Gondola Ride
    There are many options of gondola ride for private or groups. This one fits 6 people per gondola. The ride was amazing. It was very calm into the little canals of Venice.
    View All 85 Gondola Ride Reviews
  • Murano Island
    The tour takes you directly to a glass factory and doesn't really take you to other places on the island. It's probably better to go on your own instead of taking a tour.
    View All 55 Murano Island Reviews
  • Venice Walking Tour
    This tour takes you around the little ally in Venice and visit the house of Marco Polo. I want to explore the quieter side of city without getting lost so I choose this tour. Your google map would work just fine too if you enjoy exploring the city on your own.
    View All 69 Venice Walking Tour Reviews
  • Nice Walking Tour
    The tour name is called Nice, Eze, and Monaco Discovery. You get to see all of Nice in 1 day.
    View All 4 Nice Walking Tour Reviews