3. Carnival Horizon
First, let me start by saying this was my fourth cruise on a Carnival ship and I was not disappointed. Previously I have been on the Liberty, Pride, and the Vista. I have a strong and reinforced belief that any cruise is what you make of it. I had a Havana cabana room allowing me to spend time in the quieter Havana pool area which was AMAZING!!! The Havana Cabana outside deck area was wonderful and relaxing one of my favorite points was the hanging chair which would sway with the breeze at night. The ship is very large however easy to navigate. In terms of the food, I would have liked to see some better options available for formal nights, however, the themed meal for every port we were in was great. The entertainment was amazing the shows were phenomenal. AS a person that normally skips the shows in favor of seeing the comedians I was drawn in and not disappointed with any of the shows performed throughout the week. The fun squad was amazing. A few people in particular that made my time on the ship extra special were Lindsey aka Lucky Lindsey and Tyler. Those two made it feel like cruising with some of my best friends. The cruise director Mike...was definitely an unexpected delight. He was personable, funny and energetic. Just the type of cruise director I always look for when booking a cruise. Mike was always leading the party, keeping every one highly informed and checking in with people as he made his way around the ship for daily activities. I can easily say that I will be on this ship again in the future. This ship has the best of both worlds, plenty of ways to relax and just enjoy the time on the ship and many activities that are for the party animal on the inside. Everyone I passed on the ship loved their time there.

Cruising Is What You Make It

Carnival Horizon Cruise Review by tinkerbella14

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Havana Cabana (Balcony)

tinkerbella14’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Horizon price drops

Havana Cabana (Balcony)
Cabin HE 5202
This room is the start of the Havana area in the back of the ship and it was great the outside deck area was very calm and my favorite part was the swinging chair. There was plenty of closet space for 2 adults. I was surprised to see that they truly do police the Havana pool area to ensure only those with the bracelets are allowed into the outer area during the restricted times.
Promenade Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Stingray Swim
    These stingrays were AWESOME!!!!!!!! I was amazed at how many there were as they swam around people with ease. Those in charge of the excursion always kept things under excellent control. While taking photos they kept hold of the stingray and gave clear understandable instructions prior to getting in the water to ensure everyone's safety. The pictures they took for you were amazing and very reasonably priced. Less than $100 for over 15 pictures. This is an excursion I might possible repeat in the future.
    View All 723 Stingray Swim Reviews
  • Ziplining
    Ziplining was taken in groups of about 15. The guides kept a good pace and kept morale high with so many jokes and laughter throughout the adventure. They made sure to reassure anyone who was nervous and would take care of them.
    View All 45 Ziplining Reviews