3. MSC Seaside
We have cruise in the past on various lines and this rates against TUI. RCI offer a very good service with friendly and happy staff. MSC offer a bad service on a big ship From the time of boarding to the time we left 7 days later, MSC try everyway possible to mess up your holiday It starts when you check in in Miami, We get out of the cab and I asked where to put our cases to be told, leave them their, pay me a tip and they will be loaded. We then go into Terminal F at our given time and que for 45 minutes to get serviced, they have about 50 or 60 booths and half are open. When we got to the counter our check in person had no personality. I asked about our wrist bands as we were Aurea Class (I thought and had paid for), to be told you have to get this when on the boat, as we then got on the boat I saw people wearing the bands and they have been issues in the terminal. After we then queued for nearly 1 hour we got our bands. As soon as we got on the boat staff were trying to sell meals, excursions and photo's and this became annoying. More like timeshare sellers in Tenerife. We then went to our room, Aurea class in a went for our spar treatment it took them 15 minutes to find us in the system. I think Aurea is a way of charging more but you have to request everything when you are on board. Even at dinner you never have the same table or waiters. With a drinks package its hard to find a bar that is not full when its sea days or around meal times. Bar staff are very slow The sports bar didn't even open for England V USA ladies football and there were a lot of English and americans trying to find a place to watch it My wife went to customer relations on the Friday to ask why we had pink labels to disembark when Aurea was black. The advisor onboard was rude and questioned why we asked the question. Getting off was a joke. Our time was 09.30 and we got off at 10.45, we were told due to the high amount of people taking there own luggage off they couldn't release our baggage. Don't pay the daily service fee for tips. Ask them to take off your bill and pay tips to who you want to with envelopes they will provide and this is much cheaper The good points were they cabin staff are great and cant do enough to help when they have the full details The excursions were OK but you could book the same via Viator at about 70% of the price I will certainly never go with MSC again as RCI and likes are 100% better

Very poor cruise

MSC Seaside Cruise Review by Grant Reading

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aurea Balcony Stateroom
We have cruise in the past on various lines and this rates against TUI.

RCI offer a very good service with friendly and happy staff.

MSC offer a bad service on a big ship

After we then queued for nearly 1 hour we got our bands.

I will certainly never go with MSC again as RCI and likes are 100% better