3. Radiance of the Seas
Overall, the trip was great. I'm going to talk less about the excursions (which was awesome), and more about the ship. The cabin was nice. Super small, even for a single person. I had a balcony which was nice as I was able to sleep with the door open for some nice Alaskan air. Service on the ship was spectacular as well. Big shoutout to Vasile (guest services) and the bartenders at Quill and Compass. The gym was old, and dated - some of that equipment could use some attention. From the outside, the ship appeared to be pretty dated. There were visible signs of rust, age... But that's to be expected with a ship quickly approaching 20 years old My biggest gripes with the ship are the following: One - It is impossible to find nutritional information anywhere. I am actively counting calories and macro-nutrients in an effort to lose weight. It is very frustrating not being able to even hazard a guess with some of these meals that were served in the buffet lines. As more and more people are doing specialized diets (paleo, keto, low/high carb, etc), it would be nice to know what we're working with. Two - The late-night entertainment was awful outside of Jack the guitar player. As a single male in his late 20s old traveling with older family, there was not much that catered to my age range that was well attended. I went up to the "nightclub" each night around 11 PM, and there was never anyone else up there. Additionally, the DJ "Bam" appeared to just turn on some Spotify playlist and walk away from his computer for what appeared to be 25-30 minutes at a time. No real mixing or DJing was happening. Maybe that's just my experience being young on an Alaskan cruise. Overall I had a great time. My trip was largely "saved" by the excursions I participated in. The ship-experience left a lot to be desired. I ended up spending most of my time on-board clicking the 'activities right now' button on the screen hoping to find something free that was enjoyable.

We did 1-2 excursions at every port. They were excellent

Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by GHD278

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

My biggest gripes with the ship are the following:

GHD278’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 0734
The cabin was excellent, a bit small. My only real complaint with my cabin is that there were not enough electrical outlets. I could only find two, which made it impossible to charge many of my devices. I ended up using my laptop as a USB hub to charge most of my stuff.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Zip-lining
    Buyer beware- you also need to complete many high-ropes challenges in order to get to each zipline. Great for the strong kneed and younger folks, maybe not so great for older folks expecting to bus up to a tower and simply zip once.
    View All 78 Zip-lining Reviews