3. Norwegian Breakaway
To all it may concern, we sailed aboard the NCL Breakaway in H6 cabin #9316 $9071 for one week cruise, June 9, 2019. We received our room key cards at check-in Haven lounge. For the two of us the 2nd bathroom was a waste of space and never used, takes away from the living area and master bedroom. Balcony was the only plus, 236 sq ft of luxurious space with the best overhang providing shade from the unrelenting Caribbean sun. Balcony deck is worn and stained, it could use a paint job. The lounge cushions are worn and stained on the balcony. Steward place clean white coverings on two of these lounges without asking ( I think they already are aware of these shortcomings). Curtains are worn from pulling open and closed, as are all the cushions and sleep sofa upholstery (worn). Table tops ae bubbling from spilled drinks, I imagine. Luggage is promised before 8pm, so plan on wearing your day wear to dinner first evening. At Haven check-in you should receive a nice leartherette key card holder. Use it after you go through security. Security had us remove card to scan while holding up line trying to remove it while juggling our carry-ons. Got our bags at 3:30. Toilet came with a new unwrapped roll of toilet paper, a small, but welcome amenity. Had concierge Roy. Amiable gentleman, who warned us that should we order any specialty restaurant entrée, it would be through our butler and ONLY to our cabin; and do not expect it to be hot. An honest ‘heads-up’. There are absolutely no tables for two in Shanghai Noodle Bar or Teppanyaki. One is crowded in with the rest of creation. (Yes , I am an elitist, and thought I was paying for an elitist experience). Roy also advised us that there was no guarantee of a time or what evening he could get us into a specialty restaurant. Since we dine at 6:15 every evening, we were ‘forced’ to take our meals every evening in the never changing Haven Restaurant. No problem for me since I get broiled chicken every night at home, why should it be any different on NCL? The doorways leading from the interior of the ship to the decks requires one to push a button to open the sliding doors. Not as hygienic as motion detector type, but I am sure it must help NCL’s bottom line. If you enjoyed this so far, please look up my ‘Observations from the Breakaway Haven” on the CC boards, especially for those of you that take umbrage. I think I defended myself quite well there.

Breakaway Haven

rattanchair’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse with Balcony
Cabin H6 9316
One of the best in the industry. Though it needs refreshing.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

I think there is one very important aspect to dining on board the Breakaway for particula type of Haven suite guests like myself, who wish to dine at a particular hour every evening. You must make your reservations weeks before you board for the specialty dining venues, because the concierge can not guarantee you a specific day or time once on board, for specialty dining. For us it would be a deal breaker ever sailing on board the Breakaway again.