3. Crown Princess
We were looking into cruising around the British Isles and Princess offered the best time of year and the most ports of call that interested me and my family. My husband and I had cruised before on two other cruise lines for a shorter time, but had heard good reviews of Princess. We were not sorry in the least that we chose the Crown Princess for this Trip of a Lifetime!! After winning the battle with a serious health issue last year, my husband decided that he was due a very special trip this year. Being retired, this was truly a leap of faith financially for us. Our two grown children were also able to join us and the British Isles were at the top of all our "Bucket Lists", especially since my husband had been delving so deeply into his British genealogy while re-cooperating. The Crown Princess is a massive, elegant ship, well-maintained and appointed. We "splurged" on a balcony room and will never regret it - waking up at dawn and gliding by the green coast of Ireland will be one of the most beautiful memories I will ever keep. The stateroom was extremely clean and comfortable, and our stateroom attendant could not have been more pleasant and sweet. The abundance of wonderful food was amazing, and with a diabetic and a vegan in our group, all our dietary issues were easily satisfied! Unfortunately, with all the great excursions that took us off the ship, we never had time to fully enjoy ALL the fun events that the Crown Princess had to offer! (But our family did win TWICE at the nightly Trivia event that we made sure not to miss!) We also greatly enjoyed the movies and live entertainment in the theater, and also braved the chilly wind on the deck at the Movie Under the Stars one night, wrapped in cozy blankets with bags of popcorn! Every crew member who simply passed us in the hall, or served our dinner, or cleaned our staterooms greeted us with big smiles and a helping hand. We spoke with several who told us what it was like to live and work on such a huge cruise ship - and they all loved doing it! I know every cruise is different and there are no guarantees that each one sails through smooth waters in perfect weather, but that was our lucky experience! Princess took great care of us, made Britain and France accessible to us with amazing shore excursions, and played host to our family in so many unexpected ways! How wonderful it was to have the four of us together again for 12 glorious days filled with beauty and laughter! Thanks, Princess!!

First time on Princess Cruise Line and it won't be my last!

Crown Princess Cruise Review by ArtyDeb52

ArtyDeb52’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BA C731
Excellent, with one exception - the television worked intermittently. The beds were WONDERFUL - best sleep I've ever had!
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Edinburgh Castle
    Hard climb for seniors up into the castle - should have a golf-cart or some way to help them see the castle since they paid for it. Needed more time to see the city and to walk the streets and see the shops.
    View All 35 Edinburgh Castle Reviews