3. Norwegian Star
Horrible Customer Service. Never again! The boat itself was very nice. Our view from the deck of our Penthouse suite was amazing. The room was well outfitted and comfortable. Everything else about this cruise was poor. The service was appalling. The front desk were the worst. We had a problem with a billing error that they made. I caught it by monitoring my online account. I called the front desk, waiting patiently while all the info was entered. The person saw the problem and that it was their error but told me that I had to come down now to get it fixed. I was sick and told him so. He said I had to come down anyway. I went down, waited in a long line, then had to go through the whole thing again with someone new who then told me that they would have to contact the restaurant to get it fixed and the restaurant would be closed for two more hours! So I would have to come back in the morning, disembarkation day, and wait in line again. (All of this, the unhelpful person I spoke to on the phone clearly knew and had me come down anyway.) The next morning, waited in line again, explained again, was told to "move to the side" while they called the restaurant. Restaurant did not answer so the person said "next" and handled the next people in line. I stood there for 10 minutes before she decided to try the restaurant again. My husband then arrived to see what was going on and asked to speak to a supervisor who solved the problem after another wait, apologized but with no real intent, dismissively and with an annoyed tone of voice. I wrote all this down and sent a note to the Cruise Manager telling him about the incident and after several weeks have heard nothing back. There were other poor service issues. I had restaurant reservations messed up twice by staff even after we caught the error in advance and told them about it. We had someone else's laundry delivered to our room. One morning, we rushed into the "suite only" superior restaurant and explained that we had to get breakfast fast since we were running late for an excursion. They said "no problem" then ignored us for a long time. In the end our food came out 30 minutes later and we had to leave as it was being brought to our table so we didn't get to eat breakfast that morning. On embarkation day we called Norwegian and were told we could not get on the boat till 12. This was a problem because the Vogolonga was happening in Venice and the canals were closing for the race. We ended up hanging out, with our luggage, in a cafe near the train station. When we got on the boat we found out that we were given wrong info and could have got on around 10am. We had several other problems but these were the worst ones. Shore excursions....Great tour of the palace with excellent tour director on Corfu but the lunch at a Greek Taverna was awful. We are not complainers. I have been on other cruises (from low end, Carnival, to high end, Silver Seas) and have never complained about anything before. This was just so bad I felt I had to. Overall, I would not choose Norwegian again.

Greek Isles

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by linjenk

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-Facing Penthouse with Large Balcony

There were other poor service issues.

We had someone else's laundry delivered to our room.

We had several other problems but these were the worst ones.

Overall, I would not choose Norwegian again.
linjenk’s Full Rating Summary