3. Adventure of the Seas
This was our 7th cruise on Royal Caribbean but our first on the Adventure of the Seas. We have been on the Sovereign, Majesty, Enchantment, Quantum, Freedom, and Oasis of the Seas. We chose this cruise because it is a short ride to the port from Pennsylvania, and we wanted to visit Bermuda again. Embarking was quick and smooth. We arrived in port at 10 A.M. and we were on the ship by 11:15. We had two joining interior staterooms, and they were both ready at 1:00. The rooms were a little smaller than the bigger ships we went on in the past, but that was fine with us. My wife, 20 year old son, and two 18 year old daughters do not go on cruises to sit in the cabin. Our cabin steward, Raffy, was fine. Nothing special but he got the job done. We ate breakfast and lunch every day at the windjammer. It drives me nuts when people complain about the variety. They do a great job providing food to thousands of people every day. They offer omelettes, eggs, pancakes, french toast, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, etc. every morning. What else is there for breakfast? We ate in the main dining room all 8 nights. I thought the food was better on this cruise than the Oasis and Freedom. I think the food on the smaller ships is usually better. Our servers Edmund and Yue worked hard and did a good job. I thought the entertainment was average...does not compare to the mega ships. The Royal Caribbean singers and dancers had two shows. They are talented, but the shows were not our thing. There were two comedians. One was just ok while the other one was really good. The illusionist was the highlight show...unbelievable! We were sitting in the front row and could not believe what we were seeing. The juggler was entertaining, and the a cappella group was good too. Now my gripe. My family loves cruising. We know the crew works extremely hard. What gets me are the passengers! I can’t believe how disrespectful they can be. I think the crew does a great job keeping their composure. How about saying a simple thank you to a crew member? Or maybe clean up a little after yourself. How about this...watch your kid! There were over a thousands kids on this cruise. Some parents were great, others let their kids do whatever the heck they wanted. The Solarium should be 21+ and not 16+. I did see security throw out a few young teens, but it was impossible for them to keep up. Also, some of the 16 year olds act like 8 year olds. So my gripe is not with the staff but the rude passengers. Bermuda was fantastic as usual. Nassau is not worth going to. Wow...Coco Cay was amazing. There were things to do for everyone. The lunch was fabulous. Ten times better than the old Coco Cay lunch. Coco Cay used to be an after thought, but it may have been one of our favorite stops. We will be Emerald members after our next cruise. While this cruise did not blow us away, it was fun and relaxing. The ship is clean, the staff works hard, and there is plenty to do. Just don’t let the other passengers ruin your time. We are looking forward to our next cruise.

Not Bad