3. Scenic Amber
We signed up for a luxury river boat cruise and received a low budget bus tour. Scenic could not control the lock accident preventing our group of 29 people from loading the river boat but, they could control their reaction. Our group spent many hours of our vacation attempting to contact scenic representatives and scenic senior leadership to request simple things like free filtered water and information on what hotel we’d be staying in the next night. When we did receive responses, the representatives were unapologetic, had little to no information and failed to offer solutions or compromises. We did NOT receive complementary alcohol, plated dinners, butlers, laundry/ironing service, free water, or any type of monetary refund/credit. Instead we received a different hotel room every night, two star hotel buffet meals, and consistently canceled free choice tours. We spent countless hours on buses and waiting for hotel rooms to be ready. I will always remember scenic river boat cruises as the company that ruined my grandmas 80th birthday. If you’d like to enjoy your vacation, I’d suggest booking with viking river cruises, they actually treat their guests with respect (www.vikingrivercruises.com). If you do chose to book with scenic, I’d bring coins to pay for the numerous gas station bathrooms, as you are shuttled like cattle from city to city. Enjoy the smell! cheers!

I’ve Had Better Service in a Hostel