3. Carnival Paradise
Let’s start with embarkation, a super smooth process. The second we got to the port everyone was ready and willing to get our bags and help us on up. Security and check in were an absolute breeze, we were on the boat in less than 15 minutes. By 1 or 2 ish the rooms were ready where we were greeted by our room steward Putu AKA Bobby. I have countless to say about Bobby but I will save that for a little later. Room was an inside cabin no windows on deck 5 for 5 of us. Accommodations were made quickly as they have a king bed, two beds that fold up (which you’ll need a ladder for. It is also provided) and a trundle bed. Small room but hey we just need it to sleep so it wasn’t perfectly fine. We aren’t the type to get bent over backwards about the little things. We then went to go eat at the buffet which would bring me to the food. GREAT GREAT GREAT! The food was GREAT the entire time. I spent countless hours reading reviews and reviews about this ship and it’s food and everyone said it was average. Like I said our family does NOT get bent over about the little things so the amount of food at all times with SO MUCH VARIETY was like a little piece of heaven for us! Endless pizza, Guys burgers was BOMB. I personally didn’t love the taco place just cuz I felt bad after eating there but other than that the buffet was BOMB! Now for my peeps who have never cruised and are scared of sea sickness like I was, TRUST I brought patches, Dramamine, sea bands EVERYTHING. I ended up just using the patches and the Dramamine. Not that I needed it because the only time we felt the ship move was on night 4 leaving Cozumel which they did say is VERY common when leaving that port. It rocked for about 3/4 hours then I fell asleep and can’t remember the rest but I persevered with my patches and Dramamine and just kept going with the party flow. Always distract yourself, walk around, go to a show and you’ll be fine! The shows!!!! We went to Amor Cubano and Love and Marriage, the shows are so so so cute! So Funny! Such a good time. If you come on this cruise, you have to go to them! The pool is tiny, kind of like sardines in a can so I never went in it. But like I said we make it work, so we went to the water park and found a little spot where we all just hung out underneath the slides. I know this review is all over the place but I’m trying to fit in all the important things that I would want to know. PORTS, Grand cayman is EVERYYYYTHING!!!!!! Beautiful beaches, beautiful people, everything about it was PERFECT! Everyone in our party was ready to stay and never come home! String ray city and swimming with turtles AMAZING! Cozumel.... cozumel... cozumel... cozumel.... we made the mistake of getting there and trusting one of the money hungry taxi drivers so we ended up in a beach that was like going to Ben T Davis beach with musty water that was expensive for no reason plus the super expensive taxi driver. So just do your research or get an excursion. Don’t trust just anyone there. They just want to sell sell sell! Last but not least I said I would mention Putu aka Bobby again our room steward. We cannot express the amount of love and thankfulness we have for this man! Attending to our every need, waking up each and every day with the biggest smile and knowing each and every single one of our names. And in total we are a party of 10!!!! This man needs a raise, an award idk what but he needs it! Exceptional service all around from the buffet crew, to house keeping, and bartenders! Everyone is ready and willing to help you. Okay and last last but certainly not the least our cruise director LEON. A man full of spunk, joy and comedy! You’ll see him around the ship doing shows, your welcome party, announcements. He does it all!!!’ He is literally the LIFE of the ship! Gets you ready to party with a good mood ALL the time! Carnival you did it RIGHT when you chose this man to direct your cruises! Overall, book it. Just do it. I was super nervous and hands down it has been one of the best vacations I have EVER had!

Summer Vacation 19’ My very first cruise