3. Norwegian Sun
We decided on a quick weekend trip to celebrate my wife's birthday and still keep Grandma's babysitting commitment to a minimum. The only request I received from my better half was for it to be a "very relaxing" trip. The accommodations and the staff on the Norwegian Sun made this an easy request to fulfill. CABIN: We booked Stateroom 1203 which is an owners suite that I can honestly say is worth every penny. It offers a great flow with nice furnishings and finishes. The suite has a foyer with half bath. A living room with bar, TV, dining table, work desk and a large convertible sofa and an impressive view out over the front of the ship. A private bedroom with a TV and a nice reading chair next to a slider. The master bath offers a whirlpool tub with separate shower, dual sinks and a water closet. There is also enough storage between the closet and the built ins to comfortably take a week long cruise with a family of four. I like to keep the AC cold, so my wife really enjoyed the super comfy robes. The most impressive part of the cabin is the deck (this is not just a balcony). Three sliding glass doors open up to your private oasis that is large enough for two loungers with side tables, a table for four, and a generous sized Jacuzzi. And the views are breathtaking! It does get a bit windy when fully underway but enjoy the breeze and just use a heavier cup for your cocktail. SERVICE: With the suite we received top notch service from a Concierge (Gian), Butler (Rodwin) and Steward (Manuel). I thought going into the trip that this would be wasted on us, but I can honestly say each of these gentlemen made the trip truly special. Gian (Concierge) made sure our daily plans were aligned perfectly with everything we wanted to accomplish. He had us in prime seating for shows and we were treated like VIPs at all of the dining experiences. Rodwin (Butler) was constantly yet discretely making sure that all of our details where perfect in the suite and with any room service related requests. I never had a request take longer than 5 minutes to be fulfilled. I did not have those expectation levels but I appreciated the dedication to excellence. And finally Manuel (Steward) was always pleasant to chat with and kept the room in tip top shape. He also hooked us up with nightly towel animals even though that is not standard on this ship any longer. It's the little things right?! DINING: Day 1 Lunch - Cagney's: Excellent first impressions of our trip. We were escorted to the restaurant upon check in. The food was very good and the service top notch. Day 1 Dinner - Teppanyaki: Fun atmosphere with good food overall. The highlight was the chefs with the steak coming in a close second. Day 2 Breakfast - Great Outdoor Cafe: Buffet at the aft of the ship. Same offerings as inside but smaller lines and better views. Watch out for the gulls though! Day 2 Lunch - We stayed in one of the new Villas on Great Stirrup Cay and they had a private buffet that offered a great variety of delicious food. This new area is great and will only get better as they finish building it all out. All of the staff was very friendly and seemed to enjoy being stationed out there. Day 2 Dinner - Moderno: Food was good, but overall it just didn't have the same vibe as the other restaurants. The assistant waiters were a lot of fun and they saved the experience for us. Day 3 Breakfast - Breakfast in bed (brown chicken brown cow) Day 3 Lunch - On island in Nassau Day 3 Dinner - Cagney's: Wonderful! Best food item for myself was the cheese cake. Seriously I would take this exact vacation again for another bite. Day 4 Breakfast - Cagney's: Helluva way to end a trip. Food and service did not slip one bit even though I'm sure they were already thinking about the upcoming embarkation. SHORE EXCURSIONS: Mentioned above briefly, but not to the degree deserved, are the new VILLAS at GSC. The studios are open with the larger villas still in progress. The villas offer a great view of a private beach with ample loungers, umbrellas and floats at the ready. Each offers a private bathroom with shower, a TV, table and chairs, couch, and AIR CONDITIONING!!! They also have a nice sitting area on the front porch for relaxing with your beverage of choice under the ceiling fan. Did I mention the AC? The area comes with terrific bar service and an exclusive buffet. If you need to spend a little less on chotskies for the extended family at Nassau to make your budget work with this Villa experience, then Great Uncles be damned! This is the WOW factor you were hoping for when you saw private island on the website, trust me. EXTRAS: My wife had a swedish massage on the first day which really set the tone for the trip. She also took a yoga class that she enjoyed while I slept in!

Wonderful Weekend Getaway

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by dekaybe

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Owner's Suite with Large Balcony

CABIN:

SERVICE:

DINING:

Day 3 Breakfast - Breakfast in bed (brown chicken brown cow)

Day 3 Lunch - On island in Nassau

SHORE EXCURSIONS:

EXTRAS:

dekaybe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Owner's Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin SB 1203
Worth the money if it's available.
Pool Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins