3. Carnival Sunshine
I chose this cruise because of the port location and it looked very kid friendly with the pool/water slides. Our room was so hot that it was cooler outside than in our cabin. We reported it and were told by someone at the customer service desk that we were taking too many showers and going out on the balcony too much. We hadn’t showered since the day before and hadn’t been on our balcony for several hours. When I told her that she said “ well I am not the a/c specialist and you should have told us sooner that is what the maintenance man said”. Apparently 5pm is too late to get anything done. The only thing we could get done about it was someone brought us a box fan at 1am. The ship is very crowded. A couple of the shows were pretty good, a couple were horrible. Adam was pretty good, our Steward was good. There are not enough chairs on the Lido. The pool is very crowded and small. The water slides are rough. My child ended up with several bruises and a cut after riding just one. The food was not great. I only ate two things that were pretty good. After leaving Nassau and heading back to Charleston we felt like the staff/crew were pretty much done with this cruise. The food was even worse and some of the staff went from friendly to treating you like you were putting them out if you ask for something. The port in Charleston itself is very sketchy. The people handling the luggage upon arrival were very rude and threw everyone’s suitcases like basic garbage. Someone else had something in their suitcase that exploded and ruined our suitcase and some of our clothes. I will not be going back.

Customer service staff rude!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Bugsmomtlc