3. Allure of the Seas
This was not our first cruise so we have had some experience to compare it to. First let me say I was highly disappointed when they informed us we would NOT be going to St. Thomas island because one of the "pods" had a bearing that may be going bad. Really? That was just the start and the only thing that was preventing this review was the fact that I did not know how to capture soooooo many sub-par experiences in one review (plus, I really do not want to relive the experience again). It was my 25th wedding anniversary and we had the whole 18 member family on board. The boarding process was atroshes and one big cluster muck from arrival in the transport to boarding the ship. Yes, there are a lot of guests to process, but i'm guessing this isn't their first rodeo and they should have it pretty dialed in. This crew on the dock, checking luggage, processing reservations, .... seemed like a bunch of rookies. You have been going for hours and now it's lunch time, oops, sorry the WIndjammer Market isn't open yet. When they did open a half hour late it appeared they were NOT ready for the rush of hungry passengers. This made dinner even more important. Since we purchased the dinner package it should never be expected that someone should say, "Well, it's not bad for free." It wasn't free and it was 3 shades worse than bad. It was a disgrace for an upscale dinner. Oh, the food was quality, but it was never even warm when it got to the table. By night 4 I was so disgusted I said to the head waiter, "Are you experiencing difficulties with the kitchen equipment, or do you alsways serve the food cold?" I'm not kidding, cold not even luke warm. The only night we had hot food was when we skipped the dining room and went to one of the "private" restaurants on board, Chops. Lunches were just as bad in the Windjammer and if you do not remember high school lunch hours and having to find a seat and eat as quickly as you could, well, this will bring that right back to the frontal lobe. Me and 6500 other people trying to eat in a place with about 2500 seats. Breakfast and lunch were the same as dinner and were seldom warm. Example, spinach omelot was so cold that it had like a shell on it. Disgusting. I'll stay away from talking about the pools, but if this is one of the main reasons you are going- to lie by the pool? Well, you better plan to get up very early, go place a towel of a book or something on the chairs you want so when the time comes, you will have a seat. The pool? If you planned to swim, rethink that. You can sit in the pool shoulder to shoulder with a couple of hundred other guests. No room to swim. We took plenty of exursions but every one was a mad rush to get off the boat and just as bad coming back. One of trips we were to gather with several hundred other guests for an early exit off the ship so that we would be able to avoid the rush and get to the ferry boat. We went to the auditorium at 10 till 11 as ordered. We sat there after being told 10 different times that "It will just be another 10 minutes." That's right more than an hour and a half later we left the ship WITH everyone else. There was no one telling our group to go, no signs, no guides, just following the crowd. Finally, probably a mile off the dock someone starts yelling, "If you are in group 2 you need to line up here." We all lined up and stood in the bahama sun for 15 minutes. Finally we start walking and we walk for what would appear to have been 4 miles. I wouldn't have been so mad except I wasn't allowed because of age, over 45

What a disappointment; Never again

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by g3collison

g3collison’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 6D 6298
Cabin was sufficient. My room steward Ricardo was the BEST and the only shining jewel in the whole trip!!! He did everything and anything he could to try to make things right. He deserves a raise and promotion. The rest of your crew could take a lesson from him on customer service
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins