Norwegian Escape Cruise Review

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

***LONG POST AND REVIEW***

First time poster here! I recently returned from my 2nd cruise ever to celebrate my birthday. It was 7 days on the Norwegian Escape to Bermuda. We spent two and a half days ported.

Cons- Truthfully I wasn't too impressed with the food. We did fine dining six nights out of the seven, and the menu didn't really change. The main buffet (Garden Cafe) was just okay. I am a vegetarian, so there wasn't many choices outside of pasta/grains for my main course. I also felt like they were scared to season the food and I had to use salt and pepper for most of my meals. They did keep a variety of selections for the main course/entree with meats included, none of which I could eat. I found that the Indian food and dessert was the best! They had several specialty restaurants on board all of which were extra money. This includes lobster for those of you seafood lovers.

Pros- Great time of year to go. We had beautiful weather everyday. Bermuda was AMAZING. The beaches were like nothing I've seen before, and was different all around the island. Horsehoe Bay is the tourist spot, but I would recommend to visit the other beaches that are less crowded (Jobson's Cove).

We did two excursions on my birthday. Hartley's Helmet Diving and the Sunset Catamaran cruise. The Helmet diving was quite the experience and well worth it. We spent at least 45 minutes on the bottom of the ocean floor getting to touch and take pictures with the fish. The Catamaran was very relaxing. They served us bottomless Rum Swizzle, and chocolate chip cookies. Both excursions were booked through Trip Advisor. I recommend to do it that way if you wanna save a little bit of money.

Also, we were told ( by locals) it was costly to eat and drink in Bermuda, so we did that on the ship.

The Escape is a beautiful ship. They had some noteworthy shows as well as parties. My first cruise was with Carnival, and I'd have to say I did WAY MORE partying on the Norwegian Escape. (We did purchase the drink package..WORTH IT especially on anything longer then a five day cruise). So don't believe everything you hear about Norwegian being completely boring! We partied with EVERYONE from all walks of life...anyone who was up for having a good time. We had two cruise directors who were fun and upbeat.

All in all I would definitely book with Norwegian again. You create the experiences you want to have, not necessarily the cruise line. I can't wait to try out their other ships!

Vcrobert's Full Rating Summary

Inside Stateroom
Cabin IF 14655

We did not feel too cramped in our room. I love how Norwegian is focused on saving electricity by having guests use their keys to turn it on and off.

We did have a couple of issues with the sheets having stains, but the problem was resolved shortly after we call down to guest services.

Catamaran Cruise

The Catamaran was very relaxing. They served us bottomless Rum Swizzle, and chocolate chip cookies. While the crew was obviously young, they were very knowledgeable about Bermuda. Overall a great experience.

View All 105 Catamaran Cruise Reviews
Helmet Dive

The Helmet diving was quite the experience and well worth it. We spent at least 45 minutes on the bottom of the ocean floor getting to touch and take pictures with the fish. The instructor was very passionate about his job, and was very knowledgeable about all of the marine life below. They only thing I would change is that when buying pictures, they put it on a flashdrive, so you don't have access right away to your pictures.

View All 12 Helmet Dive Reviews