Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Beachloverdeb

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

We absolutely loved our RC cruise on Allure of the Seas. There were a total of 7 of us in 3 separate rooms on 2 different floors. We had an adjoining room with our teenage daughters(rooms 7151 and 7153), interior rooms. Room 7151 had the two twin beds pushed together and a sofa bed for our teenage son. The adjoining room(7153) just had two twin beds. The rooms were as expected with ample closet space with lots of hangers, storage shelves and storage cabinets. The luggage was easily stored under the bed. There is a dim light in the bathroom that stays on all the time as this was an interior room. No need for a night light which was nice. There was an outlet with 3 slots to plug things in though no USB slots. We brought our own. Our room steward Delroy was awesome and very helpful. He brought us anything we needed(extra towels and ice). There is a small refrigerator in the room which was empty when we got there. We used it to store water bottles. The room was very quiet, yet close to the stairs and elevators. I think for next time, we would like to be on level 3(American Icon) in about the same location(forward, port side), on the Allure.

The ship itself is massive! There are two partial floors that are open to the sky(Central Park, which is just like it sounds...greenery, flowers, trees and bushes, which are expertly trimmed in the early morning hours). Central Park also has Park Cafe which has convenient and quick sandwiches, wraps and breakfast items in the morning. There are several other restaurants($) on this level that we did not go to. It was always very peaceful in this area. The other partially open level is The Boardwalk. Here you will find the carousel, the donut shop, Johnny Rockets(only ate the free breakfast here and not lunch$ or dinner$), the mexican restaurant Sabor$, and the Aqua Theater. I heard the margaritas at Sabor were really good, though I never tried one. The margarita I had at one of the other bars was awful!

The other main area was the Promenade(level 5), which is where all the street parties and sales happen. There are several bars, Sorentos(pizza), Cafe Promenade(coffee shop with pastries) and several shops. I believe the Rising Tide bar runs between this floor and Central Park.

We signed up for “my time dining” and we had reservations every night, though we still had to wait 10-15 minutes to get a table. We dined at tables 1 and 2 with Boney(head waiter), Clestain(assistant waiter), and Dilip(table bartender) for 4 of the 7 nights. We cannot say enough nice things about this group of men. They were friendly, outgoing, accommodating and just plain fun to be around! They made our cruise feel special! They even brought us extra food before we even had a chance to ask for it. The wait staff manager for our area Mariel was friendly as well. She made a point of checking on us every night we were seated in that section. June at the hostess station remembered us after the first night and tried to accommodate our seating requests each night. We were also seated twice at tables 139 & 140 with Eugenio(head waiter) and Javen(assistant waiter). They were so nice and friendly!

The food was good for the most part. An item here or there may have been a little over cooked or dry, but overall the food was really good. We loved the many choices and the “classics” food items. We ate all dinners in the main dining room on level 5. We had breakfast in the main dining room(they had buffet and a la carte), Johnny Rockets, Park Cafe and the Solarium(buffet). The eggs benedict in the MDR were excellent, as was the corned beef hash!

We had lunch once in the MDR, once in the Windjammer Cafe(buffet only), a few times in the Wipe Out Cafe, and the Solarium.

Our favorite bartender was Komang at the Mast Bar. We met him when we first arrived on the ship and he was our favorite throughout the trip. He mentioned that he had only been working on Allure of the Seas for two weeks! I never would have guessed that! He was awesome! After the first day, he never even asked me for my set sail pass as he remembered our room number every time. He did a great job and never complained about the heat(and it was extremely hot where he was tending bar). We also loved the casino bartenders.

We did zip lining and rock climbing and watched the action at both Flow Riders. All of the crew that helped with these activities(and others I’m sure) were very encouraging, helpful and kind, whether you were 10 years old or 56 years old.

We went to 4 shows and all were excellent(Blue Planet, Aqua Show, comedy show and the head liner-comedy). Comedy shows were funny and stayed away from politics. Our daughters saw Mamma Mia and loved it.

I believe the ship holds about 6500 guests and 2200 crew members. The only time that we ever felt crowded was disembarkation at Nassau and getting off the pier. No other time did it feel like there were that many people on the ship.

We also loved the way the photos were set up in binders with numbers. They were easy to find and somewhat easy to order. Though several of our group photos were not in the binders.

I thought that the public bathrooms should have been kept cleaner. Paper and water were always on the floor and around the sinks.

Embarkation was the smoothest I've ever experienced and disembarkation was a breeze as well.

Beachloverdeb's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 1V 7151

I'm not sure about the (1V) part but it was an interior room. The twin beds were pushed together and there was a sofa bed for our teenage son. There was plenty of closet, shelves and cabinet storage areas. Luggage easily stored under the bed. Empty refrigerator in the room we used for water bottles. Shampoo/shower gel in the shower also several hooks in the shower & bathroom and a shelf in the shower and a small foot bar to shave your legs.

St. Kitts (Port Zante)

This was our favorite port of the 3. We found a taxi driver(Kizer) that drove us(5 people) to Romney Manor(about 20-25 minute drive), waited for us, then drove us to Frigate Bay beach(he came back 3 hours later and drove us back to port), for only $80. Frigate Bay beach was not the pristine white sand beach that I expected and the water was very rocky. I would recommend a different beach.

San Juan

Not here very long so we walked to the furthest fort, toured that, then walked back to the ship.

Nassau

Walked to Junkanoo beach and it was VERY crowded and loud. The water was clear and you could see fish. The water was a little rocky.

Beachloverdeb