3. Norwegian Getaway
We have been cruising for many years and chose this cruise because we wanted to see Iceland, Scotland and Norway. We had cruised before with NCL and knew that the Food would not be good, so we bought a 10-dinner specialty dinning package. Upon arriving in Copenhagen, check in took 90 minutes, once on board we were told that they still needed to load supplies (are they amateurs?, is this the first time they load this ship?), so we ended up leaving 6 hours late which made us loose our next port. We also missed Invergordon Before I booked, I called their reservations office to ask if the ship would need to use tenders at any port and was assured that we would be docking at all ports. THEY LIED to me as we had to disembark 4,000 people with very few tenders at 3 ports. This was horrible, terrible and took at least 2 hours to get in but at Edinburgh we waited for 3 hours in the freezing rain to get back to the ship, my wife got sick. Are they criminals or just stupid? they know that they must re embark 4,000 guests and that this takes at least 40 tenders at 100 guests each. They did hire 2 larger local boats, but we still waited in line for 3 hours. Did they really need to save a few dollars and make everybody’s trip miserable? The Food in general terms is not top Quality, especially at the buffet. At the restaurants it is a little better, as to the specialty dining as I said we bought dinner for 10 of the 14 nights and it was basically acceptable, but not good as it is in other Cruise lines we have sailed in (Princess, RCL, Celebrity, Oceania and even Carnival). So, we tried all of them and repeated the French and Ocean Blue (where you must pay twice). They will try to nickel and dime you at every turn and try to squuueeeeze as much as they can from you (its their Business model), so just be aware. Communication with the guests is sparse, they don’t provide you with the tools to enjoy the cruise, all they try to do is sell, sell, sell. Going to guest services took long lines (60 minutes on average) as they had to deal with infuriated guests. So, if you think that tis cruise is a bargain, think twice because you must add many things others include. Nothing they will give you is top notch, not even average, the ports are usually industrial and not close to town, in Copenhagen there were no taxis, no buses no means of going to town which is 30 minutes away, other cruise lines book buses which they take you (at a cost) to Copenhagen. Other cruise ships were docked in Copenhagen. We decided to leave one night before and pay for a Hotel to make sure that we made our flight back because they could not guarantee that I would make my 11 am flight. The only good thing I can say about this ship is that it was clean. In general terms AVOID NCL AT ALL COSTS.

Probably the worst cruise line ever, borderline criminal

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review by Felix65

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

The only good thing I can say about this ship is that it was clean.

In general terms AVOID NCL AT ALL COSTS.
Felix65’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 9900
Cabin was small but clean.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins