• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Celebrity Solstice Review

Editor Rating
30 Awards

Would definitely go again, wish there was less upselling

Review for Celebrity Solstice to Alaska
DarKong
2-5 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 1A

I chose this cruise because I wanted a roundtrip cruise to Alaska from a US port. This cruise checked the boxes. This ship was recommended by a travel agent friend who frequently cruises. This was a second cruise for my companion and me.

My stateroom was spotless.

The ship was beautiful. My companion and I LOVED Captain Tazos. We were obsessed and we wanted to talk with him every time we saw him, but the gaggle of ladies would objectify him and gossip over their obsession as they parted from him. He’s quite a funny guy with an agreeable philosophy and we would like to go in another cruise with him. The shopping area of the ship was typical and mall-like. I would’ve liked to be able to find trash cans.

Deluxe Veranda 1A

Cabin 1A

The cabin was very clean. The tv turned on once on its own. Often the movies would not load during part of the day. I was not able to use the interactive tv menus to book anything on board. Siddarth, our attendant, was kind and helpful. He spoke about the different ports and what to do. The veranda furniture was well worn by saltwater and sun.

Our attendant cautioned that the veranda door, when opened, cause the main door to slam shut.

We could hear noise from a veranda a few decks above. Our immediate neighbors were fairly quiet.

We were very glad to have a veranda for glacier viewing. The Captain was visible from our veranda, too.

Port Reviews

Skagway

I wish this was longer! The dogs are very loud, but very friendly.

Skagway

We had trouble funding the tour company. Once we found them, we were quickly taken to the helicopters and briefed before boarding. It was really warm this day. We were told that no water is allowed on the trip.

8 Helpful Votes