3. Caribbean Princess
We just finished sailing on the Caribbean Princess and were pleasantly surprised! We have cruised on Disney and RCC previously and we decided to give Princess a try. This was a family vacation with my side and there was 11 of us traveling all together. My parents are platinum members with Princess and with the dates we had and the price point of summer cruising we chose Princess. Unfortunately, DCL has just priced themselves out for us for summer cruising. Caribbean Princess is an older boat, so keep that in mind. There were only 2 usable outlets in our room (B233 & B237) and they were next to each other, so technically I could only use one at a time. There was no outlet for my flat iron in the bathroom and the hair dryer was in the bedroom. It was an odd layout. I wish there was a usb or outlet next to the bed. The A/C was not as cold as we would like. Now we like to be cold and I would wake up in the middle of the night sweating! We read that if we took the diffuser (the cover) to the air return it would help, and it did. We also had the Ocean Medallion on this cruise (it reminds me of the Disney magic bands). They gave us a lanyard on checking in, but we purchased the wristbands the first day. Highly recommend for kids, but I purchased them as well. It made it so much easier to keep track and the lanyard can get sweaty and hard to keep up with on sea days. It was a bit confusing and hard to get connected to the Ocean Compass app (the app where you could locate others in your party and do onboard texting - no charge). It took us having to go to the internet cafe to get help from the IT personnel. Now my DH, Brother and dad are all in the IT, computer industry and we consider ourselves tech savvy. Apparently, the software/app that Princess uses is not apple friendly and they make it very difficult to use and setup. Princess knows this is a problem and I was told they are working to fix it. There were times I could not find my DH or my SIL while on board. It was nice to be able to text each other without having to pay for the internet/wifi. The one complaint I had was when we had to take a tender to and from Belize City. We boarded a large catamaran to get back on the cruise boat and from the time we hooked up to the cruise boat and the time I got off, it took an hour! That was ridiculous. They only had one line for security and I couldn't believe how slow it was going. It was a bit frustrating, and I felt bad for all the people who had the first seating for dining. And it was a formal night! We had a great cruise! Our stops were Cozumel, Roatan, Belize City and Grand Cayman. We really enjoyed the stops and excursions we took (we did not do Princess excursions). We picked this cruise soley on its dates. Disney will also be my number once choice for cruising, but they are getting to be so expensive that if I want to cruise I just need to look elsewhere. Its hard to compare a Disney cruise with any other cruise line, because they know how to do the shows and kids club like no other! Princess had a great service and overall provided a great experience. 2017 we cruised on Oasis of the Seas with RCL and it was just too many people and too big for me. My kids preferred their "extra stuff" on RCL more, but they will enjoyed their time on Princess. I also appreciated that they didn't try to upsell me on anything during my cruise. On RCL, there was always someone walking around the buffet and ship trying to sell me something or anything, and I did not appreciate that. This cruise did none of that. In fact, I had to ask someone how much the photo package was. No one was walking around trying to constantly sell me something and I really appreciated it. Overall, I would sail Princess again and try out one of its other ships.

Great experience

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by wumav

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Overall, I would sail Princess again and try out one of its other ships.
wumav’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB B233
Good size, only 2 of us in the room. Older, and A/C was not as cold as I would of liked, but everyone else in my party said it was fine. Not enough outlets.
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins