3. Norwegian Bliss
I had heard so much great stuff advertised about this wonderful new ship. It had been a few years since I had been on a cruise but never cruised with Norwegian. My daughters and I were excited about our trip to Seattle and then Alaska. The embarkation and disembarkation process was very organized and went by smoothly. The disembarkation was great because we had a group of 5 and were lucky to have help getting our luggage and through customs in less than 20 minutes. Ship The Bliss is beautiful and the amenities are great but I would not say that it was any different than other cruise ships. Some of the reasons why we were looking forward to it was so that we could try the go-karting or laser tag. However, it's nearly impossible to book a time unless you do it as soon as you step foot in the ship. They also need to be better about advising passengers about weather and temperatures. Cabin Our cabin was nice and meant to fit up to 5. However, I think the cabin is of good size if there are small children in the group. I was told 5 adults would fit comfortably and that was very deceiving. There was my sister, my three daughters (two teens and one over 21) and myself. We traveled with one to two medium sized luggages each. It was a task trying to fit all the luggages in closet areas so that we could have space to walk. Dining We had to dine in the complimentary dining restaurant the entire trip. The food and service at the restaurants was good, for the most part. Some of the staff in the buffet style cafe seemed overworked and not friendly. We were unable to get reservations at any of the specialty dining restaurants. Also, it was difficult in finding healthy meal options and non-dairy milk. At one time, I requested a vegan meal option and was told that their fruit salad was an option. However, when we dined at a restaurant named Taste, we had a great server that knew I was looking for special meal options and he was always prepared with the options when we dined there. Entertainment and Activities The entertainment put on by the staff is fun and nice to watch. Again, it was impossible to book reservations for things like painting of canvases. Even though it is at an additional cost, they only have about two or three sessions during the entire cruise and maybe 10-12 open spots. The go-cart and laser tag was completely booked. When we attempted to book a time, on the second day, we were told they were fully booked for the remainder of the cruise. I purchased an Ultimate Arcade package for my teenage daughter and it was a waste. There are not many games that can be played using the package. Most kids will be in there with the same package and do not move from the machines, and no one is there to tell them to allow others a turn. We booked our shows - Havana (average) and Jersey Boys (great) as soon as reservations opened up. Service For the most part, the service was good. Ports and Shore Excursions We did the Alaskan - Inside passage (Seattle, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan and British Columbia, Victoria, Seattle). We were very happy with our excursion experiences. In Juneau, it was raining when we arrived but we enjoyed our trip to Mendenhall Glacier. We had plenty of time to enjoy the downtown area as well. Skagway was very nice and we enjoyed the White Pass Scenic Railroad Excursion. Make sure to bring snacks if you do this one. The day at sea (Glacier Bay) was amazing. The views are amazing from anywhere in the ship. It was great that they had a park ranger come on board and explain all about the national parks. The stop in Ketchikan, if you do an excursion, is just not enough. We would have liked more time to explore the downtown / port area. We were really disappointed with the port stop at British Columbia. We were allowed to get off the ship at 8:30pm and were expected to be back on board by 11:30pm. By the time you arrive at the port and walk to nearby locations, most shops are closing down. We walked to Chinatown which was a 30 minute walk and everything was closed. We wished that this information was provided to us on the ship. I am not sure if I would travel with Norwegian again but overall it was a wonderful trip and experience.

Not very Impressed

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by salymber

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Alaska

Ship

Entertainment and Activities

For the most part, the service was good.

Ports and Shore Excursions