3. Crown Princess
When on our previous 24 cruises with other cruise lines, we often saw Princess ships in port. We always admired the look of these and since they attract quite a high "official" rating, we decided that one day we would sail Princess. We live in the UK so when the Round Great Britain programme featured the Crown Princess, we booked with excited anticipation. Oh dear....we were so let down and felt so disappointed with the reality, so here goes: The personal highlights of cruising for me are exceptionally good food and very good theatre entertainment evenings. This cruise let us down badly as the food in MDR I would rate from fair to very poor and the Buffet only fair in terms of quality. The entertainment arrangements were crazy as most evenings there would be one comedian or one singer, on stage twice in the main theatre whllst the singers/dancers team were featured for only one performance in a relatively small lounge which was full, so that guests were blocking the passage-way outside of the lounge trying to watch the performance. The quality of the "shows" was, overall, mediocre, with people seen to be walking out on the act on several occasions. The ports of call were fine, but we were surprised to have to pay unreasonably high costs for shuttle bus transfers into town on occasions. Drinks were more expensive than I have seen anywhere and when served were never accompanied with a receipt, so I had no idea how expensive until I called up an account statement later. I never bought a drink after that. The Spa costs were prohibitive, so we didn't use this facility. On the positive side, the room steward was exceptionally good, as was our waiter in the MDR. In fact, all staff were pleasant, cheerful and hard working. In fact, I feel that these people "save the day" for Princess and I hope that they are suitably rewarded for doing so. On the subject of crew, i only saw one middle ranking ships officer (who had dropped into the buffet for a snack) anywhere until dis-embarcation, when some appeared to organise the process. The ship's condition was very good and very clean and our stateroom was immaculate. Would we travel again with Princess.....NO

Such a disappointment

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Off we sail

The Spa costs were prohibitive, so we didn't use this facility.

Would we travel again with Princess.....NO
Off we sail’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IB A520
Excellent and immaculately serviced each day
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins