3. Crown Princess
Age group is 47-50 with a 12 year old. Atlanta We chose this cruise for the ports and this was our daughters first trip abroad. We wanted her to see Paris along with the other ports fabulous ports in Ireland and Scotland. Pros to this ship was the great new sleep system. They have all new beds with fabulous pillow tops that call to you after a long day of touring! Our cabin was clean, but a little too small for a balcony. Also the wait staff was friendly. I celebrated a birthday on board and I felt the balloons and the card felt like a great personal touch. Made me feel special. Cons to this ship were the food. The buffet was a hit or miss and the dining room was below standard or what we are accustomed. The ship's aged and in many placed severely, like the pool deck at the back of the ship had wood splintering off the steps. We didn't use the pool as it was to cold, but I would be concerned for injury. It would have been nice to have a ship that offered a enclosed indoor pool for this British Isles cruise. There are no frills of amenities on board. I believe there is a basketball court. The entertainment was poor. We attended a concert, comedy, and a production. We booked 1 shore excursion, London on your own. Which basically was transportation into London. Immigration policies changed, so it took longer to get off the ship, cutting into our time in London as it is 2 hours each way. Leaving us 4 hours in London. Because the cruise offers disembarkation and embarkation in several ports, and South Hampton was one of them, disembarkation for an excursion seemed disorganized. In hindsight, this excursion wasn't worth the expense, $99 pp. I am glad that we booked all private tours. This cruise was port heavy, with 2 at seas days. We were pleasantly exhausted and enjoyed almost every port. I'm not sure we could have stayed awake for late night entertainment, although we did try them. All in all, we had a great vacation and loved loved loved Ireland and Scotland. We went into this cruise excited and positive and we couldn't be more pleased. Would I sail with Princess again? Yes! A long as it's a newer ship with a great deal.

Great Ports