3. Crown Princess
I chose this itinerary because of its itinerary. Had never cruised around the British Isles even though I had cruised about 30-40 times before world-wide. This is my first cruise with Princess. Front Desk experience was worst ever, with staff giving incorrect answers (rather than saying that they don't know). Embarkation/Disembarkation was VERY SLOW, possibly because they were trying to use a new system. Cabin needs complete overhaul (I do understand that a major renovation is scheduled at the end of this season). Air Conditioning duct sent out black particles on our bed (and we could have breathed in some of those while we were sleeping). After many calls, someone finally came and put in a temporary make-shift filter. The cooling "thermostat" failed one night, and the cabin was freezingly cold with strong COLD air blowing out right above our bed. Calls to Passenger Services that night did not help. No one came (even though we were told that someone would come and take a look). It took 2 more calls in the morning for someone to finally come. Dining and Casino staff were great though. Excursions were very expensive/over-priced (a similar local tour would likely cost half or less) and yet most of them were quite disappointing. e.g. One full-day excursion departed an hour late (because of the disembarkation long line), and returned 15 minutes early. As a result, of the 2 major visit/stops, one 2-hour stop became a basically 40-minute photo stop (barely time to go into the castle ground, took a few garden photos and left). Then, with a long 2-hour lunch, the afternoon stop (with free time, shopping, promised/stated) was completely cancelled...not even a photo stop. We went barely into that town, and immediately turned around and came back to the ship. Everyone complained, and we received a 40% refund (but the whole day, and probably my only chance of visiting those cities/castle totally wasted.). Another excursion used a fairly old bus. Not only that there was no air conditioning, but also no air circulations...for 2-3 hours. It was a hot day and a FULL bus too. Again, I believe everyone complained and we got a 20% refund (but the condition was so bad that I hope no one got sick afterwards). If you like comedians, then the entertainment was good (good guest performers), but that seemed to be the main thing this cruise offered. No magic show, no acrobatics, no jugglers, and horrible singers. I ranked Entertainment worse than all my previous cruise experiences (even though I do enjoy comedians....but not almost EVERY NIGHT!). The 2 violinists on board were great though, but they performed at times when I was either on a full-day excursion or busy eating dinner.

Poor Hotel Management, Monotonous Entertainment, Disappointing Excursions

Crown Princess Cruise Review by gennedy

gennedy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OC P247
Furnishing were OK but old. Bed was a bit too soft, but OK. Our cabin have 2 extra beds which were a big nuisance. I kept on hitting my head on that (and sometimes that hurts very much) as I got in and out of bed or trying to take care of things that I left next to my bed.
Plaza Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins