3. Wind Star
Wanted a smaller ship for the Greek Isles. The crew was great. The bar service was slow. They needed more bar staff. Meals were adequate. Went to the Crystal Restaurant our last night and my husband and I enjoyed a delicious meal on the deck. Also, the dinner seafood bar b que on deck was excellent. All excursions and guides were good, well organized and informative. Our room 211 was noisy from engine. More then a hum. The room was well organized and suitcases were stored under bed. I would not choose this ship again because the engine noise at night was too loud. See cabin review below for more details. Motor Coaches were comfortable. Enjoyed the Acropolis and Museum Tour when we disembarked. Athens was fun and Hotel Grand Bretagne was excellent. Enjoyed walking from hotel, view from our balcony of Parliament, the Square, the Acropolis. Weather was perfect.

Greek Isles

dmdiehl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Windstar Wind Star price drops

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom
Cabin AX 211
Noise in our room was loud. I would not choose this ship again. We paid extra for this room. We complained, were given ear plugs. They did not work. My husband sleeps thru anything, but even he had trouble falling asleep. Was told they were having a meeting about it. I said meeting should be in our room at 10 pm when we are trying to fall asleep. Head of Housekeeping came with another woman in the afternoon....did not get any sympathy. Just ear plugs. Were told they do not get complaints of noise about this room. Well, I said I am telling you now. We have been on smaller boats and never had noise like this. We are 75 and 76 and at our age our hearing is not the best! Despite our age, noise was too loud and disrupted our sleep.
Deck 2 Outside Cabins