3. Celebrity Summit
I chose this cruise as it included Boston and Bermuda which I have always wanted to visit. It was also for my husbands 60th birthday. We have not cruised with Celebity before, but have been with NCL, RCI, Carnival and P@O. Check in was smooth. We had an ocean view cabin 7009 which was the biggest most well appointed cabin we have ever had. It had a huge window, 2 american sockets and 2 european sockets plus phone chargers above them and phone chargers next to the bed. There was plenty of storage, and big bottles of toiletries in the spacious bathroom. We were also provided with an unberella and a beach bag, plus beach towels. There was a large flat screen tele on the wall in front of the bed. Drinks, gratuities and WIFI was included in our price. We had the classic drinks package but paid an extra £100 to upgrade my husbands to the premium package as that included champagne and more choice of cocktails. It was well worth it. The internet was fast. The food in the main dining room was good but there was not much choice. A lot of things were served every night with only a few extra dishes. The portions were adequate and the sirloin steak very good. The buffet for breakfast and lunch was very good with plenty of choice but not as good in the evening. There were always plenty of free tables and no long queues at the stations. The choice of wine was not very good. A choice of 3 reds and 3 whites. If you wanted a snack in the day and didnt want to go to the buffet there was only the outside pool grill which just served hot dogs or beef burgers. There was always plenty of sunbeds and the towels were already placed on them for you which was a nice touch. The pools were lovely and very deep. The staff were all very friendly and polite. Two things that went wrong with our cruise were that I had pre ordered a birthday cake for my husband to be delivered to our room, it was not done and I had to go to guest services twice before he got it. It was then delivered late afternoon and as we had just got back in from an all day trip and were going back out in an hour we just had a tiny slice between us and were going to eat it the following day. However when we got back after our trip the next day, the cake had beem removed so we never got to eat it. Also my luggage did not get taken to our room. I eventually tracked it down at 6 pm behind the guest service desk with no explanation as to what it was doing there. The ports were ok , we could have done with more ports and less days on the boat. We took excursions from the taxis outside the boat in Bermuda, they were half the price of Celebrity excursions. We did the Freedom Trail in Boston, the guide was a bit boring. The trainee guide gave us better information. In Bar Harbour we did the mini bus and Cadillac Mountain tour, that was quite good but the guide kept forgetting things and repeating herself. Portland we walked aroung ourselves we did the trolley tour for an hour, that cost 21 dollars each. Our fellow guests were all retired and the whole entertainment seemed geared to older people. There was non of the fun of Carnival. RCI or NCL. For that reason we will not be sailing with Celebrity until we are a lot older and we are only 59. The gym was very good, I did the stretching and stomach class every morning at 7 am and that was good. We had a massage from Jane who is Thai and that wasexcellent. However we paid a "special price" for it on embarkation day 209 dollars each for 80 minutes, but on the final day the special price for it was 89 dollars! That was annoying.

Enjoyed cruise but I think Celebrity is more suited to older guests

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Holidaygirls

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Bermuda

The staff were all very friendly and polite.

Holidaygirls’s Full Rating Summary