3. Harmony of the Seas
Sailing on the Harmony is like sailing on a mini-City. There’s always something to do and always something new to explore. Embarkation- well-organized. The parking lot is a little crazy, but once you’re out of your car it’s smooth sailing to the ship. Cabin- the cabin is a cabin. Go for the balcony room. There are inside balconies that overlook the central area of the ship, but the outside balconies offer much more privacy. Luggage fits nicely under the bed and out of the way. Closets and drawers offer more space than I expected. Our attendant was outstanding. Fitness- The fitness center is quite large. Many cardio machines and many weight machines. Free weight area could use an upgrade. The running track is extremely nice (although it has only one running and one walking lane). I ran 4-5 miles every day. My only complaint here is that there is no free sauna and steam room. No excuse for that. Outdoor activities- the Solarium is the quiet place to hide out! Designed for 16+ guests, it offers plentiful seating, a bistro, and several hot tubs. It would be nice if there were a pool here, but it’s a minor drawback. The main pool deck is pretty routine with salt and fresh water pools. The biggest problem here is that no ship with 6500 passengers is ever going to have enough pool space for sea days. It’s just super-crowded. Other activities include water slides (OK), zipline (pretty lame), rock climbing (definitely fun), flow rider (super fun), scuba lessons in the pool (we didn’t try that), and ice skating (my family enjoyed it but each session is only 20 minutes and the ice gets pretty rough). I’m sure I’m forgetting something, but you get the idea - LOTS of stuff to do. Entertainment- our sailing offered some of the best entertainment I’ve encountered on a cruise. You have to be early to get a good seat and be sure to reserve a seat online before the cruise. Tip for first time cruisers - if you go to nothing else, go to the Love and Marriage game show. It’s a must. WiFi- They advertise the fastest internet on the Seas. Fastest speed test I ran was 3.76 down/2.01 up. It was also a little spotty and downright awful at times. It’s the most overpriced choice on the ship, but they know people will still buy it. At least you can stream shows and the picture is decent. Main Dining Room- We ate in the American Icon for My Time Dining. They were totally disorganized the first few nights. The lines to get in looked like Wal-Mart lines for Black Friday. It got better as the week went on. We ate there 6 nights with 3 different wait staffs. Service was good only twice. The menu was pretty repetitive and I thought the food was rather bland. My family’s favorites were the spaghetti (offered 3 nights), chicken bread (offered most nights), and chicken parmigiana (offered only once). The biggest disappointments were the turkey and the ahi tuna. Desserts were very ordinary. On the bright side, breakfast in the American Icon was very very good. The offer a buffet as well as a la carte dining. I highly recommend the American Icon for breakfast - but check the hours. Windjammer- the main cafeteria gets pretty crowded, so seating can be a problem. Lots of variety in the food and, if you don’t like something, just get something else. Upgraded dining- with tons of free food available every moment of the day, we’ve never felt the need to pay in one of the specialty restaurants, but on this trip we had vouchers for one lunch and one dinner. For lunch we tried the Mexican restaurant on the Boardwalk. My wife thought the guacamole was the best she’d ever tasted. Otherwise, nothing special. For dinner, we visited Chop’s Grille. The steaks were very good and the sides were a little better than what is available in the main dining room. Desserts were very good - definitely better than the main dining room. It’s also much quieter. Overall, Chop’s Grille is a nice choice if you don’t mind spending a lot of extra money. My family won’t be. Best other choices- Solarium for breakfast. Park Cafe in Central Park, and Sorrento’s Pizza all day long. Those 3 are always good. Cleanliness- the crew do an amazing job. The ship is very well maintained. Route- the Eastern Caribbean isn’t a very good route. Our cruise had 3 stops and, while RCs waterpark at CocoCay is fun, none of the ports are the kind you’ll remember the rest of your life. While I would gladly sail on the Harmony again, I would never sail this route again. Excursions- CocoCay was fun. We spent the extra money for the water slide area and it was worth it. On St. Thomas we chose the BOSS undersea adventure. You get 30 minutes to snorkel and 30 minutes on your underwater jet ski-like rider. It was a fun day although there weren’t as many fish to see as I expected. We did the horseback ride on St. Maarten. It was maybe a 45 minute walk along the coast with a short plunge into the water. Maybe a little boring for most, but we liked it.

Had a GREAT time!

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Cetera

Cleanliness- the crew do an amazing job. The ship is very well maintained.

Cetera’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4D 10302
Great room. Enough closet and drawer space. Outside balcony is wonderful. And, enough plugs for all our devices!
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins