Marco Polo Cruise Review

EXCELLENT VALUE FOR £ AND TERRIFIC FOOD!

Marco Polo Cruise Review by LAROSA21

• Sail Date: May 2019
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

A friend booked this cruise and I was somewhat dubious having sailed on her years ago to Norway, which is beautiful. However, on this voyage the food was very much improved to 'excellent', and I'm fussy. The lobster as an extra was the best I've ever eaten, and I thought very reasonably priced @ £16 - really sweet meat and beautifully presented and all the meals were very very good indeed - compliments to the chefs, most of whom were Indian, and I always feel they are the best! And drinks were reasonably priced too.

I wanted a rest and to read and did just that and availed myself of the library on board.

She's a small ship but offered all I needed and you don't have to walk miles to get anywhere on board! The pianist and violinist were great, and the Duty Frees excellent value.

The crew were polite and most obliging, the cabins were small but fine. The outdoor pool was at this time of year closed off and we saw snow at times - well, we were heading towards Iceland - an expensive and very cold place, the highlight of which for me was a visit to the Blue Lagoon and that day we had lovely warm sunshine. The excursions are pricey but everything is included which saves a lot of hassle and guarantees a safe return on time to the ship.

We did go out into the Fjord and saw a humpback whale, so that was another tick off the 'to do/see' list.

The Faroe Islands en route were rather bleak with little to really do/see but it's a place to say you've at least visited, and our tour guide Samson was both knowledgeable and polite.

Tea/coffee/hot water/hot/cold milk were available from early a.m. to midnight which is important to me as there are no in cabin facilities to make a hot drink.

And a child free zone - yes!

A good value for money trip, and well done to all who sail on the Marco Polo!

LAROSA21's Full Rating Summary

Cabin can't remember 308

Twin beds, firm mattresses, no chair, chest of drawers with pull out top, bedside lights, a/c/heater, shower, wc, basin, plenty of hanging space, safe, extra blankets if required, inside cabin's fine and actually preferable if weather likely to be stormy, tv, only con = large key with fob rather than a card = old doors. TOWELS/BEDS CHANGED ANY TIME YOU WISHED,

Giant's Causeway

Wish i'd gone into belfast foc! UNEVEN SURFACE FOR BAD FEET, TOO LONG ON THE COACH (4 HRS), BLACK SMELLY ROCKS - A DISAPPOINTMENT AND VERY VERY COLD

View All 94 Giant's Causeway Reviews
Whale Watching

HAD TO WALK TO BOAT, WAIT AN HOUR OR SO BEFORE SETTING OFF, BITTERLY COLD, BUT.....ON WAY BACK TO HARBOUR DID SEE A HUMPBACK WHALE SO ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL

View All 15 Whale Watching Reviews
Blue Lagoon

EXPENSIVE BUT WELL WORTH THE EXPERIENCE - NOT FAR ON COACH, EVERYTHING PROVIDED EVEN SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER/TOWELS AND SO ON. LUCKILY A SUNNY WARM DAY - BLISS AWAY FROM THE COLD! ONLY COMPLAINT AS NOT WARNED BEFOREHAND, ONCE SHOWERED AGAIN DRIED AND DRESSED CAN NOT THEN SIT IN THE SUN OVERLOOKING THE POOLS! IF I'D KNOWN I WOULD HAVE STAYED IN THE WATER LONGER.

View All 52 Blue Lagoon Reviews