3. Norwegian Dawn
We chose this cruise because our daughter and son-in-law were going along and the time frame fit their schedules. We have cruised on Norwegian many times but never on the Dawn. Prior to going, I read several negative reviews and was hesitant that we chose the right cruise for their first time. We had a wonderful time. Our cabins were always immaculate, there was no smell anywhere as I had previously read from past passengers. The food was good, especially in Cagneys. On previous ships we did experience food that was not hot, but not this time. All our food was served hot and quickly. All the staff that we encountered were friendly and helpful. The entertainment was good in all locations. All the common areas were well maintained and immaculate. The only problem that we encountered was in Newport where you have to tender to the pier. There were six tenders, not two as I have read, but it took quite some time to tender all the passengers. We have learned to always book a shore tour when we tender so we can get off the ship with the tour group. Tendering in Bar Harbor was easy. We had a great time and I would recommend the Dawn to anyone. Yes, it is an older ship but it does not show a ton of wear and tear.

Great time, great service

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by theoz

theoz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Dawn price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB 10676
Our cabin was immaculate. There was ample room to store our clothes. I always take a hanging toiletry bag to hang on the bathroom door hooks so we had plenty of room there also. The suitcases fit nicely under the bed. The bed was extremely comfortable.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Bar Harbor
    We booked a tour of Acadia National Park directly with the National Park. We booked it online months before we took the cruise. It was full and the day we were in port, all the tours were booked. It was cheaper booking it directly than with the ship. You get the tour one block from the pier. I strongly recommend doing it directly if you want this tour. We took the 10:00 tour and had a lot of time to wander around the town which is very nice. Had lunch at Route 66 Restaurant which was delicious and a fun place to eat.
    View All 501 Bar Harbor Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bar Harbor Cruise Port Review
  • Bus Tour
    Took the hop on, hop off bus tour so we could see everything and get off where we wanted. Nice tour with a knowledgeable tour guide.
  • Newport
    The boat ride was nice with an informative guide. It was however, cold and windy. The land part took us past all the mansions, both along the cliff walk and further away. Beautiful homes and their history was given to us by the bus tour guide.
    View All 13,176 Newport Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Newport Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    tour gave us a nice overview of the city with a trip to a lighthouse. Only down side, the tour left at 7:30 AM and everything at the lighthouse was closed when we got there. It was way too early to have a tour. It originally was scheduled for 10:00 but when we got on board were notified that the time was changed.
    View All 46 City Tour Reviews
  • Hop On Hop Off
    Great tour guide although there is not a great deal to see. Other than the reversing falls, it is really a ride around town.
    View All 32 Hop On Hop Off Reviews