3. Scenic Opal
This cruise was from Basel to Amsterdam. Unfortunately, a Viking ship had hit a lock and the Opal had to end the previous journey in Strasbourg, so that is where we caught the ship. Emails were immediately sent to inform us that our pick up and transfers would happen as planned only we would be driving to Strasbourg from Zurich and not Basel. Once on the ship we were escorted to our room. Within 30 minutes I was invited to go talk to the chef about my allergies. All week I received menus in the morning for lunch and dinner where I could select my food and they would prepare it for me without my triggers (peppers). On a tour of the galley I saw my picture on the wall with a not about the allergy and to watch if I sat in their area. All the waitstaff was aware at every meal and let me know it. I have never had that kind of treatment on any other cruise. The excursions were varied in terms of interest, length and physical difficulty. Bikes were available for those daring to ride them. Night time entertainment was very good. The Cruise Director, Yvonne, was beyond helpful and professional. There was not one staff person who spoke anything but English when guests were around and all were obviously helping each other get work done if they had free time. The cleanliness was outstanding not just in our cabin but all over the ship. Our private transfer at the end to the Amsterdam airport was a Mercedes Benz limo- we were expecting a taxi. The whole cruise far exceeded our expectations.

Amazing and Personal

Scenic Opal Cruise Review by skey1952

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Europe

skey1952’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Opal price drops

This massive cabin was the highlight of this bucket list trip. A huge bathtub and 4' square shower were so opulent! A bedroom with a walk in closet was perfect for having clothes out and handy.
The living room and attached mini bar area was homey and comfortable. TVs in bedroom and living room had a multitude of choices for entertainment and viewing.
The sun porch with the retracting top panel was so perfect for viewing the sights as we sailed down the Rhine, although the roof top deck area was great for seeing both sides of the ship.