3. Viking Prestige
I choose this cruise because I wanted to see Vienna but more so Budapest. We did add the Budapest extension and really loved Budapest and all we saw on our own. Viking hypes it's cruises as being the best but my past experience on another line was far superior. From the first day there were disappointments. Docked outside the city in Passau and had to use a bus to go into town. The room was very crammed. There were two wooden chairs in the room but almost impossible to sit on as there was no leg room. I suggest they take out the little table and one of the chairs. Closet was tiny for two people. Docking was a problem everywhere; we were either on the outskirts of cities or docked between two other boats with no view whatsoever. Most of the service was good but at all meals it was inconsistent; for instance we were never shown a breakfast menu during the whole week, so we assumed you had only the buffet. Having to be at lunch & dinner at a specific time only was a pain. I came in one day 10 minutes after the posted time and was told by the waitress that I was late. The food in general was mediocre, much like Viking Ocean cruises. The included tours were very good and all the local guides were interesting and spoke good English. Vienna however deserves more than a half day tour. It's a fabulous city with so much to see, Viking should consider docking for two days there. Entertainment was almost non existent on the Prestige. We had roving accordion player at dinner one night, a trio of Opera singers one evening and a guest speaker doing a slide show & talk about Austrian history who was quite funny but that was it except for the staff trying to entertain us a couple evenings. There was no gym and no games on the sun deck. As for the extension, we packed a lot in but the Hilton West End was very disappointing. No early check in, no wake up call, no bell hop at 4 AM to help with the bags, crumby towels and pillows. After we signed up for the Hilton in Buda and got this one in Pest it was sad.

Not top notch!

Jeanne Gouse’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Prestige price drops

Deluxe Stateroom with Window
Cabin E 123
Smallest cabin I have been in on any boat or ship and I have been on 35 cruises.
Main Deck Outside Cabins