3. Crown Princess
This cruise fit into my schedule, also I liked the itinerary. Most of the port I have never been to or its been many years since I visited them. I was especially looking forward to Bilbao Spain and Portland England. I reserved an oceanview view unobstructed view guarantee. @ days before departure, I was told my cabin number. They gave me an obstructed view room. When I called Princess, they assured me that it would be changed for me when I check in at the ship. When I checked in I was told to see guest services on the ship. They told me that all they cabins were full, If someone doesn't show up, they will let me know tomorrow and make the change. Twice, guest services gave me excuses, no one cared that I didn't get what I asked and paid for. I finally was able to speak with the Hotel Manager. Dana was very nice, she explained to me that the ship was overbooked by more than 10 cabins. She said she would ask corporate what they would do for me. A couple days later, someone left a phone message in my cabin, they offered me a $200 on board credit for my next cruise- I was insulted! $200 was the additional amount that I paid for the unobstructed view, but no refund, just an onboard credit for my next cruise. If they wouldn't "do me right" why would I cruise with them again? The cabin was nice, except for the lifeboat that I was forced to look at outside the window, it would be nice to have a chair in the cabin as I like to sit and read often. The cabin attendant was excellent! The dining and buffet staff were also very good. The food was lacking a variety of choices, also the small portions didn't have a good flavor. I was underwhelmed by the food! I like to sit by the pool and read, however the loud music and loud movies took away that pleasure. The public rooms were usually noisy from the activities just outside of the rooms. The public rooms had out of date décor and furnishings, too much mirror and glitz. Most were not functional for events- good only for drinking with friends, but they still events there all the time. I like that the ship was not huge, I prefer smaller ships, less lines especially when getting on the off the ship at the ports. Overall, I doubt that I will return to Princess, the impression I was left with was that they did care much about me, this was my first cruise with them, they cared about those who have been many times. I have been on over 50 cruises and have generally enjoyed most of them. This is the only time I have ever written a review after a cruise. I was so unhappy. I am taking cruises with other lines in July and August, lets see what happens.

Is this any way to run a cruise line?

Crown Princess Cruise Review by jlangello

• Sail Date: April 2019
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview (obstructed view)

jlangello’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Oceanview (obstructed view)
Cabin OZ E509
my cabin was nice, the size was good for cruise ships. It would have been nice to have a chair to sit on. Cabin attendant was excellent!
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins