Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review
2,157 Reviews

The real story with helpful information

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by Tpojman

• Sail Date: Jun 2019
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Sky Suite 1

I choose this cruise to go to Alaska. I wanted the convenience of leaving and returning to one port which was Seattle. I did a ton of research and this was my number one choice.

So, things I could not find on line.

1. From Seattle, they have a very easy Uber/Lyft location at the airport. We were picked up within about 8 minutes. The ride was about $43.00. They do have a drop off pick up site at Pier 91 which is then about 2 block walk to where you drop off your luggage. Not a big deal if you have roller bags which everyone has.

Upon leaving the ship, we went to the same place and pick up was about the same wait. Very easy and hassle free.

2. There were NO outlets by the beds. So, if you want your cell phone on your night stand, you need to bring a 16 feet interior extension cord. $6-$8 bucks at ACE hardware. Some people brought some plastic tape to place on carpet so they did not trip over cord.

3. Layers is the name of the game. I had a vest with a waterproof fleece coat. You do not need your winter Parka

4. Skip the specialty dining (Sorry Celebrity). We ate at Murano, Tuscan Grill and Silk Harvest. Of the 3, Murano was the best but I still did not feel it was that spectacular of a meal to warrant the extra money.

5. If you can at all swing it, upgrade to a suite. We did through an upgrade program offered right before the start of the cruise. It was well worth the extra money with a private dining room. They have a private club, Michaels which which was too stuffy for our taste.The concierge there, Alexandra was awesome. You get a butler for your room and he made the trip. Thanks, Dominic. The Luminae is a private dining room for the suite class. The food was great. Kavi was our waiter and would remember all of our preferences.

6. The shore excursions were just OK. I booked a Yukon 1/2 day tour through Trip Advisor in Skagway. That was a good tour.

When you go to Victoria, they have a shuttle bus into town. It is $15.00 per person round trip even though town is not that far away. They say it is $15.00 Canadian dollars or $15.00 American. Do NOT pay cash, use your credit card. The exchange rate is $1:00 US to 1:38 Can. Your credit card will adjust automatically and you will save a bunch.

Tpojman's Full Rating Summary

Sky Suite 1
Cabin S1 9299

We had a suite at the way back of the shift. You can see everything. Very quiet. I have read some not so nice reviews of the sky suites that are located on Deck 12 which is right below the Buffet.

Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast

Fairly boring boat cruise with no impressive scenery. Crab Feast was fun and they did not skimp on the crab

View All 129 Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast Reviews
Whales, Bears and Glaciers

We booked a whale watching excursion. You are just going to see water spouts and then the tail dive. These are not Orcas so you are not going to see any jumps from the water. We booked a whale watching and local seafood buffet. This is served on the boat. There are no tables so you sit with your food on your lap as you sit in your seats. It was odd but the food was good

View All 58 Whales, Bears and Glaciers Reviews
Scenic Drive

Yukon 1/2 day tour through Trip Advisor. It is a great scenic ride in a bus with about 20 people. It goes into Canada and stops at a suspension bridge. We got to see a bear quite close up from the bus. Thanks, Brooke

View All 117 Scenic Drive Reviews