3. Pride of America
We chose this cruise because we were visiting Oahu anyway and wanted to see more of the islands. The Pride is the only one that tours the islands of Hawaii without a major ocean crossing. Our cabin was very comfortable with a king size bed and enough storage. The balcony was on the small side but had a railing with steel bars that made it easy to see thru when seated. Other ships sometimes have solid steel plates that prevent you from seeing the water when seated. Overall the dining experience was good. The selection at the buffet was good albeit very unusual at times (I've never seen carved duck at a buffet before). The main dining room food and service was excellent. We ate at two of the specialty restaurants, Cagney's is a traditional steakhouse and Moderno is a Brazilian style steakhouse. At Cagney's both my wife and I had steaks that were very tough. A complaint to the manager got us some chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our stateroom. Moderno is an experience worth having in itself. The food was also excellent. Of the two, Moderno is the best choice. We do not travel with children but it didn't appear that there were many activities for kids. The pools were basic and there were no slides or other kid friendly attractions that I could find.

Enjoyable cruise experience but a few glitches.

Pride of America Cruise Review by duschultz

• Sail Date: June 2019
  • Destination: Hawaii

duschultz’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Typical ship cabin with a nice king sized bed
  Pride of America Deck Plans

• Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
    I booked this tour because of my interest in seeing the volcano and lava flows first hand. The weather was rainy with low cloud cover so it wasn't possible to see the crater. All of the areas of recent activity were closed off for safety reasons. We got to tour the visitor center and see videos but I could have seen more on YouTube at home. Very disappointing. Another complaint was that our very first stop was at an orchid farm with, of course, a shopping opportunity. When I book a tour called "Hawaii Volcanoes National Park", I do not expect nor want to see orchids.
    View All 130 Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Reviews
  • Kauai
    We got to drive around and see some of the island including a waterfall and beach area. This tour was recommended by our free shuttle driver. It cost $50 per person and was marginally worth it.
    View All 12,636 Kauai Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Kauai Cruise Port Review
  • Helicopter Tour
    A full 2 hour trip that gave us the only views of the volcano and lava flows. Also spectacular views of the coast and waterfalls. Expensive but well worth it.
    View All 9 Helicopter Tour Reviews
  • Road to Hana
    We got to see everything that everyone else did on the Road to Hana for less money. In addition, our driver took "The Road Back from Hana" which few of the others did. We were told rental cars aren't allowed on this road because it is narrow and steep. It was a full day tour and we saw lots of things that mostly locals see. Because of the strong possibility that you will return late, this tour should be taken only on the first day of your stay in Maui.
    View All 93 Road to Hana Reviews