• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

kmvvtx
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jun 2019
Cabin: Concierge Class 1

I have been on several cruise lines and this was my first Celebrity cruise. I was told by many people that this would be the best cruise I have taken so far and that Celebrity is the best cruise line. Maybe I was expecting too much but I didn't feel that it lived up to its reputation. There was really nothing special about it compared to other cruise lines - in fact there were a few areas that were lacking:

Facilities - little to no public trash cans in common areas, veranda railings varnish are worn and flaking. Other areas were always clean and well maintained.

Information - daily schedule not posted in any public locations, temp on TV always displayed 140F/60C, Celebrity App doesn't include the Solstice even though the entertainment director said it was, daily schedule listed Monday for three different days. The muster drill was the worst I have ever experienced. We were group C1 and we were stuffed standing in a packed hot lounge only to be shown a childish video about washing our hands and then an uninformative theatrical video about the lifeboat and life jackets; this was not a good way to start a cruise.

Concierge Class 1

Cabin C1

Small but nice with plenty of storage. Very clean and well maintained.

Port Reviews

Ketchikan

We saw the Lumberjack Show and it was very good! We laughed a lot and enjoyed it. We went to the Totem Village and it was very interesting but mostly just beautiful! We walked around town and bought the obligatory touristy items.

Victoria

This was a great stop and I wish we had been there longer. We didn't have time to do much and get back to the ship in time to get our luggage set out for the next morning. It was clean, the people were friendly and it was just a nice place to visit.

Find a Celebrity Solstice Cruise from $934